Vicky_W

Re: No find my buds feature

Hey everyone, thanks for posting. I will add your name to the list of users who would like this feature! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
LexDignon
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

Re: "Find my buds" on new Quiet Comfort Earbuds or Bose Sport Earbuds?

I just have to ask, why not? FindMyBuds is far and away the most useful thing available, and it seems rather counterintuitive to not use preexisting technology

TommyD
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I agree with you. Find My Buds was a very useful feature in the SoundSport Free. I would like to see it in the Sport as well. I don’t understand why Bose thinks it is OK to remove useful features when they release a new version of a product. They had to be screamed at by multiple people (I returned mine) to return volume control to the ear buds. I have re-ordered now that they have provided volume control but I will miss Find My Buds. 

Having said that, I will look at investing in a Tile Sticker to attach to the charging case. When I receive the ear buds and the sticker I’ll update this thread to let you know if it is a good solution. 

TommyD
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Sad to say, but I am not going to be able to comment on my 'Tile Sticker' solution, although I'm sure no one was waiting with bated breathe for it anyway. I have now, for the second time, returned my Sport earbuds because I am so disappointed in the lack of some basic functionality. The first time I returned them because of the lack of volume control, but gave it a second chance when that was added. However, in addition to no 'Find My Buds', there is so much more missing. Switching devices is so very awkward. Can't mute a phone call. Can't skip backwards. I have now replaced them with a pair of Jabra 75t Active Elite Earbuds. All the functionality you would want is there on the buds, plus ANC and the charger is case is tiny but provides more battery life. Unquestionably and quite sadly I am giving up the unmatched sound quality of the Bose, but beyond that I feel like the Sport is a half finished product. I liken it to a person who tries to get by entirely on their looks (the sound quality), but lacks smarts (functionality) underneath. I really wanted to like the Sport buds, so I hope that the next iteration is a much more complete one.

Chuckwjk1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2016

Hello,

Considering the premium position of the new QC Earbuds, find my buds feature shouldn't be removed. It seems to me as an important aspect of owning small buds.

Can this feature and fast forward audio control be put back into the Earbuds?

Thanks

Freddy B.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Re: No find my buds feature

Please add the name of one more disappointed QC Earbuds owner regarding the lack of Find My Buds (and the ability to skip back to the beginning or to a previous track, but that's for a different thread).  I bought these as an upgrade to the Free SoundSport buds, and the sound is spectacular in every way.  Why downgrade the user functionalities like this?  At least you were able to include volume control in the recent firmware and app update, so thanks for that.

Harveysi
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

Re: Find my QC Earbuds

Hi Vicky

Please add my name to this feature too. 

Thanks

Doublelh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

I’m now returning my second pair of Bose earphones. What a waste. I can’t connect to multiple devices, if I lose an earphone, it’s just gone forever, whereas my old in ear sound sport earphones have saved me from losing them multiple times. Why the increase in price, and  decrease in functionality?  No Bose that new app is NOT better than the old app. 

paul.mitsakis@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2021

Also add my name thank you. 

JonnyDon
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

Please can I request the find my earbuds feature be added for the bose quietcomfort earbuds to the bose music app. It is a big loss!

Thank you