Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSwede86
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

"LE-Bose QC Earbuds" always fail pairing?

Bose QC Earbuds

Hello,

Wrote a detailed post, phone decided to switch to my "home"-page in my browser. Everything disappeared.

So.

Trying to pair the earbuds to my Philips 65OLED854 AndroidTV.

Factory reset the TV and the earbuds so the earbuds don't have other paired devices.

Having the earbuds in my ear with the diods flashing blue and hearing "Ready to connect":

TV process below

Bluetooth > Search > "LE-Bose QC Earbuds" which after a few seconds switch to "Bose QC Earbuds" > Headphones > Prompt flashes by on my TV asking me to allow ("Pair") or cancel ("Cancel") which stays for a couple of seconds > Immediately after that prompt the earbuds diods start pulsating white > Hear "Unable to connect" and TV pairing process reports failure.

What is the identified "LE-Bose QC Earbuds" and how does it differ to "Bose QC Earbuds"?

When trying to pair to the "LE"-device it ALWAYS fail and I don't even get the prompt on the TV asking me to allow the pairing.

Pairing with the non-LE is always a hassle even after a factory reset of both my earbuds and my TV.

Even when successfully paired through black magic and a good amount of luck if I disabled all devices earlier in the earbuds device list - this is just bad Bose - that you can't select a specific device using the app to connect to is really bad, sorry but it is - and take my earbuds from the case and see and hear that it is successfully paired to my TV if I then select the earbuds as my audio source the earbuds looses the connection, sometimes the TV simply removes the bluetooth device all together and re-pairing is impossible.

Currently in this hell right now, reset my TV, reset my earbuds, trying to pair the earbuds to my TV and it NEVER works. Works fine with my phone though.

Any ideas?

Here is a video of the successful pairing (sadly without showing how the earbuds behave, haven't been able to reproduce a successful pairing):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vEqa7AYT4zgmtKuA694_TEHT5UB0OfIE/view?usp=drivesdk

Here is a video of a failed pairing incl. how the earbuds behave:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v4KfPo17Z72QcegXye_n5QUd7CUDLXQV/view?usp=drivesdk

Best Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Re: "LE-Bose QC Earbuds" always fail pairing?

Hi @TheSwede86, thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your new QuietComfort Earbuds connected with your TV.

So the LE profile that you are seeing is for Bluetooth Low Energy. You don't want to initiate the connection by selecting this profile. This is something that will connect once the standard pairing has been completed. Bluetooth Low Energy allows for a quick connection with previously paired devices and is also used for the connection with the Bose Music app. 

You've been through some great troubleshooting steps by resetting your TV and the earbuds. Could you connect the earbuds to a device with the Bose Music app and ensure that the latest firmware is installed? If you're not prompted with an update, then check the firmware by going to Settings > Technical Info. The current firmware is 1.0.7. 

Once you have checked this, let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
TheSwede86
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Thank you for your fast reply!

Yes my firmware is 1.0.7-9846+620b71c and the app is on version 4.2.4.

Update:

Oh and an additional question - when you press the pair button and send the Bose QC Earbuds into pairing mode how long does it last before it cancel out?

I want to test if this is due to the pairing process on the TV might be to long and I'm not fast enough OR that it is the step where the "Bluetooth Pairing" window flashes by and you might only some of the times be quick enough to be able to select the "Pair" button.

kwacked
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

I had no connection problems with my Windows 10 laptop, but had some audio dropout very frequently. Did a Google search, and saw there was a software update to the Bose QC earbuds. Did the update, and now it says it's connected, but no sound. What's happening?

Vicky_W

@kwacked, I am sorry to hear you are having some issues after the update. Let's try resetting the headphones. This reset will clear your product memory of previously-connected Bluetooth devices too. It does not restore the factory settings of your product.

1. Connect the charging case to power
  2. Place the earbuds in the charging case
  3. Close the charging case lid for 5 seconds, then open the lid
  4. In the charging case, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 30 seconds and then release it: The earbud LEDs will blink, glow solid white, and then blink blue
  5. On the device that was previously connected to your product, go to the device Bluetooth settings and Remove or Forget your Bose product from the device Bluetooth memory
  6. Reconnect your product to the device. For more info, see Connecting a Bluetooth® device

Let me know how it goes. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kwacked
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

Rebooted several times, then went to bed. In the morning, everything seems to be working ok. Go figure.

kwacked
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

The pairing problem is not an issue now, but the audio randomly drops out, kind of like a bad internet connection. It's very annoying.