"bluetooth device list cleared"

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

"bluetooth device list cleared"

I have a wireless SoundSport that I have been using for several months without a problem. Lately though it started disconnecting from my iPhone 8 without any appearent reason prompting "bluetooth device list cleared" and then "ready to pair". I then have to get the phone to `forget` the SoundSport at the bluetooth menu of the iphone, and then re-pair. After several minutes the same thing happens again. The unit -and the iphone- both are fully charged and I am practically just next to the phone, so distance is not an issue. My firmware was 1.09 so I have just upgraded the firmware  to 2.7.7 but the problem seems to go on.

Many thanks for any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: "bluetooth device list cleared"

Exact same problem with ipad. This is great for an overpriced average earphones with average sound quality, that I used for just three times per week for several months. It is going to trash, and I will never buy any Bose products again.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi joethelion,

Thanks for posting. That is unusual behavior. Could I ask, does this happen on more than one device? Also, have you tried rebooting the headset? 

To reboot your headset:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

If you could please give that a try and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I couldn`t try it with another device yet, I`ll do it. In the meantime I realized that -just as was mentioned in another post- the problem goes away if I put the phone to airplane mode (but bluetooth turned on obviously). I hope this might give a hint as per what the cause may be.

Hi joethelion,

Thanks for the additional information. That is interesting. I still would like to try the headphones on another mobile device to rule out an issue with the iPhone.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Exact same problem with ipad. This is great for an overpriced average earphones with average sound quality, that I used for just three times per week for several months. It is going to trash, and I will never buy any Bose products again.