Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2020

right bluetooth headset saturation

saturation of the right bluetooth headset.
the audio signal arrives with a lot of treble and mid without bass producing an annoying saturation, what could it be?

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Wireless SoundSport right ear not working

My wireless case states with blinking/solid lights that both earbuds are charged. But when pulled out of the case, the right earbud does not come on. Therefore the Bluetooth won’t work on the left one which is powered on! I have had these only 7 months and take very good care of them (due to the money spent on them!!). They are an upgrade to a Bose earphone system I still have. Please help!! I already followed the Bose connect advice with no response from the right ear bud. I do not know what else to do!!! Thank you in advance.
Highlighted

Re: Wireless SoundSport right ear not working

Hello Kristi_C,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. 

I will certainly support you as far as I can via this platform.

My first recommendation would be to reset your headphones. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

I would also recommend that you clear the pairing list on both of the speakers. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear the prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". 

Also, remove the speakers from your device's Bluetooth list. Then re-connect them via the Bose Connect app.

Please get back to me and let me know if you are still having trouble connecting the speakers.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Soundsport Free Right Bud Not Charging

The right earbud is not charging, however, the light in the case is on. I tried several times to update the softeware by plugging it into my computer, but whenever I do that the light for the right bud goes out and the updater says the right earbud is not connected. This has made my earbuds unusable for the moment as the right earbud is still completely dead and I cannot connect to anything, any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I have tried what you suggested. The right ear bud is still not powering on. It is as if it is not charging even though the case says it is. And my left ear bud immediately powers down. Now the lost ear bud app does recognize the left ear bud as existing but does not see the right ear bud as in range even though it sits right next to my phone ... again, not powering up. I feel as if the ear bud is not charging even though the case says it is. I have no idea!! I don’t have any further ideas! Any from you?
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free Right Bud Not Charging

Hi Carbon_1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also having this issue, have you attempted to perform the steps suggested above? 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted

Hi Kristi_C, 

Thanks for updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issues are still persisting. 

I would also recommend that you update your headphones to the latest software via the Btu.bose.com updater. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Hector, my software is running 8.1.1. So nothing to update. And if the right ear bud is not even powering on, how would it update? I am like Carbon_1 ... my set is basically unusable.
Highlighted

Hi Kristi_C, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

As we have attempted all troubleshooting steps for this issue, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

I am having that same issue. I tried the solution and still having issues the left turns on but the right will not.