Ardelio
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

single tap shortcut needed to simultaneously: pause music/turn off ANC/turn on transparency mode

Currently there isn’t the ability to quickly toggle from “Music playing with ANC running” to “Paused Music and Transparency mode fully active (ANC off)”.   Often there is a need to quickly talk with a person or assess the environment and the only ways of accomplishing this are:

1) Take an earbud out of your ear (to pause music and "manually" go into transparency mode because your ear is free..  OR

2) Double tap right earbud (to pause music), Double tap left earbud to go from max NC to Favorite/shortcut 1, Double tap again to go to Favorite 2 NC level, and Double tap again to go to Favorite 3 (set to 0 NC/max TM).  

(Even if you set Favorite 1 to zero, it still toggles to the next highest level from 10 if any of the other favorites are set >0.  This may be a different problem/bug)

As far as I know, there are no functions associated with a single-tap on either the R or L earbud.  It would be fantastic if in a single tap it could simultaneously: pause music, reduce ANC to 0, and maximize transparency mode.  Likewise, in another single-tap toggle back to playing music, returning to prior ANC level and transparency levels. 

(Other earbuds on the market, such as Sennheiser Momentum 2, have this feature already).  

Bose product name

QuietComfort Earbuds

Country

USA

Firmware Version
1.0.7-9846+620b71c

App Version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Toggling quickly to an "awareness" mode

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Ardelio, 

Thanks for posting another feature request! I appreciate the effort you are putting in to make the QuietComfort Earbuds that much greater. 

I'd love to also raise this as a feature request for you. 

If any other users would like to see this, or any other features added please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Ardelio, 

Thanks for posting another feature request! I appreciate the effort you are putting in to make the QuietComfort Earbuds that much greater. 

I'd love to also raise this as a feature request for you. 

If any other users would like to see this, or any other features added please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Ardelio
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Thanks for the response.

Dare I mention that one of your primary competitors - Sennheiser Momentum 2 earbuds - does offer this feature of instant awareness.  And, I read that Sony's has a smart environmental awareness feature.  So I suggest that this type of feature is needed to keep ahead of the competition.  

assaf_azaria
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2021

I also noticed the lack of this feature. In the nc-700 there's a button that does that.

Just bought the qc earbuds, they are awesome! but I truely miss that feature. 

It is very important to be able to switch to conversation mode instantly. 

Please add it to the next update or so. 

Thanks