MollyB1126
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Soundsport wireless won't turn on

I have contact Bose about my soundsport headphones not turning on despite having a full charge. I tried the reset option they suggested but there was no change (it doesn't seem like that has worked for anyone). I have had these headphones for less than six months and there is absolutely no physical damage. After contacting a service representative they did send me a replacement pair, which I appreciate. However I used those ONCE and the same problem occurred. They were brand new from the box and now they won't even turn on. I have contacted their service agents and have not gotten through to anyone. I have been on hold for over AN HOUR. I am very displeased with this service. Don't trust this brand, just buy airpods. I plan on posting this all over twitter as well!

Vicky_W

Re: Soundsport wireless won't turn on

Hello MollyB1126,

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue twice. 

I understand that you have reset the headphones but are you updating them when you get them at all? This is the best way to prevent issues. 

The steps to do this are in the thread, let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
add+em
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Re: soundsport wireless does not power on

Hey! I see you have the same problem I did! I just posted about this today! Bose tech support guided me the the same power cycle steps, but no luck :(. 

They then told me sorry, they don't see how an update is related to the power not turning back on! They also told me this hasn't happened before, and voilah! I just found your post. So I've been lied to! 

I'm curious what your resolution was, I know it's been a while since you last posted this, so hopefully you see this. Thanks! 

They basically told me I had to buy new headphones 😞 and wanted to charge me. I'm like aren't you the one that pushed out this update, aren't you at fault? They should've never pushed the update and tested more to see the impact... Hmmm... 

Did you ever get a solution for this? I had the same problem today! 

You're lucky you got a replacement pair! They charged me! I had an update, then all of a sudden they stopped working :(. 

This just happened to me today and I haven't found a solution yet, looks like hundreds more haven't either. 

AMCDerbyshire
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

Hi All,

I previously sent my Bose Soundsport wireless back to BOSE as they would not turn off, would not connect to Bluetooth and would not charge. This was after 2 days of use.

I received the replacement in the post today. After updating the firmware and charging to 100%, I took them out for a run. All was fine for around 1.5 hours - then they started to splutter and disconnect. Then they went off all together and now will not turn on and they will not charge. No lights come on with the charger plugged in. 

Really frustrated with the Soundsport Wireless. Probably the most unreliable earphones ive ever owned. I have had the wired version for years now and no issues. 

Does anyone have any advice?

thanks,

Ameneyro
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

This solution is not working. Not sure why was marked as such. 

My understanding after 2 forums with the same issue is that even BOSE does not know what happened with the soundsport wireless issue. 

I just had the same problem yesterday and can't turn them on again despite the full charge. (Obviously the reset steps are even naive to post them). 

Please update the thread to know what to do. Thanks. 

anne100
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Bose Soundsport Headphones

My Bose Soundsport Headphones (only a year old) won't turn on, even though they have been charging for hours/days at this point. They just blink orange while they are charging. The generic reset is useless since they do not turn on or respond to begin with. 

I just moved from Colorado to Europe so I wouldn't even know where to begin with customer service. 

simon.watt.sydney
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Re: Bose SoundSport Not working

I had same issue, spoke to a real helpful guy and he got me to update the firmware.  I was kinda wondering if it would work given the headphones would not turn on!  Anyway, goto this web page and download the Bose software and follow th esteps, you will need to connect your headphones to the PC via cable and follow the steps, hope this works for you too:

https://btu.bose.com

simon.watt.sydney
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Re: Bose Soundsport Headphones

I had same issue, spoke to a real helpful guy and he got me to update the firmware.  I was kinda wondering if it would work given the headphones would not turn on!  Anyway, goto this web page and download the Bose software and follow th esteps, you will need to connect your headphones to the PC via cable and follow the steps, hope this works for you too:

https://btu.bose.com

Adeni
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Hello,

My bose soundsport wireless headphones show green light while charging (indicate the battery is full) but when i press on/off button the headphones won’t turn on.

i have brought my headphones to Bose Indonesia Service Center, and they said my headphones are unrepairable.

I have used my headphones since November 2018 and i can’t claim my warranty, instead they offer me to buy new product with 15% discount.

Please give me solution to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Adeni

DarthSeditious
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Soundsport Not Turning On

My Soundsport is no longer turning on even after being fully charged. 

Once removed from the charging port, the connection lasts for a about 2 seconds before it goes all blank again. 

Please advise.