Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundSport not powering on despite full charge

Hi marcell

Thanks for responding. Very sorry to hear about your SoundSports. I would recommend contacting Bose support with the link provided by ST.

Hope that helped

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Hi, I seem to have a similar problem. It stopped working when out running a few days ago, possibly due to lack of power but there was no real warning message and before the 1 h run, I still had 40% charge. Now, when I charge, it is immediately green as if fully charged but it does not power on. I have also tried to keep it charging for an hour, although the light is green. Still no possibility to turn it on. Same thing if I press briefly or over 2 sec and same thing after only 5 - 10 USB power connection and one minute waiting before trying to power on. What can I do? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I did a couple of things which seem to be working for now. 

- Update the firmware, plug it and just google how to get update your device (more straightforward than I thought, but I felt Bose lacked the communciation to inform users this is necessary). 

- Make sure you're using the adequate chargers from an adequate power supply. Since it's mini-USB, you would think it charges well with any mini-USB charger, but I haven't found this to be the case. For example, at times I use my Apple block charger which is faster for charging my phone, this may not work well with the headphones. 

If all of that doesn't work, hopefully it's still covered, either in store or by mail 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

I went through 3 pairs in about 6 months, all had the same issue with the power button. I tried both the SoundSport and twice I tried SoundSport Pulse, all with the same issue. I was so disappointed because they were the best sounding bluetooth earbuds I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot. (JayBird, Beats, Plantronics, LG).

I ended up going with beatsx, and they are still working almost a year later, but the sound is nowhere near the quality of the SoundSports. I was just glad I bought the protection plan from BestBuy, so exchanging them was hassle free, except of course the hassle of having to keep returning to the store.

I'd like to see an acknowledgement from Bose that this is a known issue, and steps being taken to address and correct the issue, because I want to buy another pair. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Yes I’d like bose to explain what this fault is and to reassure that even after the 2yr guarantee is up that they’ll honour any that develop this fault. Incidentally no protection package required in the 1st 2 yrs as Bose will replace them. Protection after 2 yrs in another matter.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Hi Tony!

I used my soundsport today in the morning. I charged them because in a few hours im about to take an international flight, now they do not power on, I already tried what i read here and it didnt work. Please i would appreciate your help. thanks and best regards! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

You for sure updated the firmware and fully charged from a AC outlet instead of a computer connection? The percentage is completely unreliable.  Bose really rushed this product to market and should recall this. So unlike them to put out a faulty product. Anyone #bosesoundsportrecall?! Ah! : )  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

hi, did you read my complain? Why are you so casual about this? "Anyone #bosesoundsportrecall?! Ah!" #worstcommunitymanager

Im about to take a flight for 10 hours and your answer is far from helpful.

Is there a procedure i need to follow to return them? How do I know if im eligible? Can you HELP me?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I'm not a community manager. I'm an upset Bose customer, not willing to help anyone rude such as yourself.  I could care less about your flight, and now I'm not going to help you. Good day.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi javierawwr,

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided with no luck I would recommend that you reach out to customer support here to see what your available options are for an exchange.  Support can give you more information on this but the standard warranty period on the headphones is 1 year in the US and 2 years in Europe. Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  I would recommend calling over emailing for an issue like this.  

Let me know if I can do anything else for you?

Thank you and have a great day,

Shiloh_C