Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Re: SoundSport not powering on despite full charge

BOSE didn't offer me replacement they said because I purchased them of ebay they don't cover warranty.. what a load of crap I did supply the serial number and they did pop up on there system as original genuine bose headphones also they was sealed I hadn't even used them for more then 4/5 hours they died mid movie they are a pile of **bleep**...

Also I charged them for over night via laptop then tried wall Xbox ps4 they would not turn on.. People the lesson here don't purchase bose products from a unauthorised reseller they will not honour the warranty even if they are genuine bose products

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Without proof of purchase BOSE will not honour the warranty mate that's a mission as god knows how many suppliers changed hands with my pair also the other thing I think they was out of warranty April 2016 manufacture was the date of the headphones when I supplied the serial number its stupid I could understand if they was fake or used it was a sealed box as have photographic evidence but no they want a receipt..

I'm pretty disappointed with bose as I was planning to purchase some bose qc35 from argos but my experience with them sucks so am in two minds to get them or not.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

I also had the same issue Aug 17 with sport sound headphones bought Dec 16, where they wouldn't power up but would show green LED when connected to the charger. Bose support for me to connect them to a pc & run the firmware update tool available from their web site. Curiously they communicated with the tool & took an update, however the fault still remained. It would be worth trying that one in case it brings some of the ebay ones back to life. I did get my pair replaced but only had to supply the serial number & no proof of purchase. Perhaps they could trace it from the SN. I cannot believe that eBay purchases are not covered by warranty!
Anyway from this forum post it is clear there is a common fault that makes me wary of this product. Will it happen again when it's out of warranty. I will be ready to kick up 'stink' if that happens & shall be monitoring the quantity of posts with this failure.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

My sport sound Headphones came with a 2 year warranty so yours should not be out of warranty. I only gave serial number and no proof of purchase & replacement was granted. Hope you get them sorted.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

If that's true they didn't ask you where you purchased them from or proof of purchase BOSE rep is a ***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines - please use appropriate language***

As he asked me where did you purchase them from I go ebay when I told him i paid £140 he sounded a bit shocked not sure why maybe that's a weeks wage for him..

Then he goes to me track down the receipt then will get a repair sorted i naturally assumed it's a year warranty didn't know its two years how long ago did you get repaired and was this bose uk you had yours fixed from ?

I would understand if I was in china or India bose would be vary of fakes but I'm in the uk serial number are on the system still denied help also the way he was asking me for information it was like I'm applying for a credit card.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2017

I called the customer service, they just asked me the serial number and going to send me the replacement.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

I am also facing the same issue since a couple of months now. My wireless soundsport was fully charged and while listening to music, I heard multiple beep sounds after which the device powered off and wouldn't turn on again. Visited the nearest bose store, they checked and updated the software which temporarily resolved the issue. Now again facing problem, heard multiple beep sounds. This time completely charged the device and it did turn on but could not power off the device! The  device powered off on itself after the battery completely ran out. Not able to power on the device since then, have tried to charge and the charging light does blink orange..

This is my first bose product and I am not satisfied with the performance and service of bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2017

You need to call customer service. I returned it via UPS and they sent me the replacement.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

My headphones would turn on yesterday at 20% charge. Charged them up last night and the light is green on the headset, now they won't power on. Tried all the ***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines - please use respectful language*** "fixes" posted on here and nothing works. Have had these for almost a month as a birthday gift, what kind of crap are you selling here?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Dude chill out, it's not BOSE is fault, it's where they are manufactured that's the fault, that's why they ain't powering up... You will have to ring BOSE and they will send you a replacement, also I hope you got them from a authorised BOSE reseller and have got the proof of purchases as bose won't touch them if you got them of a unauthorised reseller I.e ebay some corner computer shop etc etc