jromo
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

wireless SoundSport Free headphones battery drain

I just got my wireless SoundSport Free headphones, one month ago actually, I noticed that having the full charge on the headphones the box drain battery even if the headphones are not used after few days. I´d expect to retain the battery if not use. Why is this happening?

19 REPLIES 19
grmedhat
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: wireless SoundSport Free headphones battery drain

Sorry, I'm not clear on the issue you are having. Are you saying when you turn off the fully charged buds and put them in the case for storage the headphone batteries are losing their charge? Or are you saying the battery within the storage box is draining even if the buds are fully charged?

jromo
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Yes. I'm saying that battery within the storage box is draining even that the earphones are fully charged. I'd expect to not consume the battery of the storage box.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello jromo,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundSport Free headphones. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that you try a product reset and that you push a manual update to the headphones even if your product is up to date. 

To reboot your headset:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps(Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

jromo
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Just to make sure, I´m talking when the earphones are inside the box and both of them are fully charged (earphones and box). Why the battery is loosing power? @Zoe_C 

Hector_B

Hi Jromo, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you attempted the steps that have been suggested by @Zoe_C

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Vishista87
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

hi, I have been facing the same issue. I put my fully charged headphones into the fully charged case and then if I take them out after a few days... they are both drained out.

i tried doing the steps suggested above but to no avail.

any suggestions?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi vishista87

If you have tried all the troubleshooting in the thread already, and are still having the same issue, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Blohnes
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hello, I bought these for my wife last year and this is also a major issue we’re having. It’s like they never turn off and completely drains the battery over a week or so. I’ve looked at these forums and tried all recommended suggestions but nothing f has worked. This is very frustrating when my wife goes to use them after sitting in her purse for a few days (fully charged and yet to be used) and not having a charge whatsoever. There has got to be more th an just the two of us that are having this issue!?

WayneM96
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I have had the same problem for 12 months. even the replacement is the same. no reason from bose they do not care. other rechargeable items sit for months with negligible power loss. I have other bluetooth accessories that also do not lose power. I know people with $40 sets that work and do not lose the charge. bose just ignores this problem