Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Bose Soundtouch and Google Home integration

I have successfully integrated my Bose Soundtouch 10 systems with Google Home via Logitech Harmony and IFTTT. Now I can power on and off, adjust volume, play presets and switch to bluetooth mode by voice command.

Tips can be found from my G+ post here:
https://plus.google.com/107106593450541689751/posts/boaX7DgAMjY

And here is a quick demo:
https://plus.google.com/107106593450541689751/posts/Reb78XRDimF

For questions, just comment on my G+ posts.

Cheers!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Google Home integration

You can also do this fairly simply with Samsung's Smart Things. All the same controls mentioned and since Smart Things integrates with Google Home with ease this is another great option. Unfortunately there is not full control of music through Google Home except for the limited streaming services or preset channels. Probably going a different direction in WiFi speakers. These sound great! But if you can't play what I want what's the point?
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Playing what music you want depends on the options you have.

I have a Qnap NAS where all my music are stored and that's where my Bose Soundtouch are playing my music from.

Same with Google Music, upload your music and create your own playlists. Or pay a premium and listen to whatever music you want.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

I pay for Google Play and have Google Home, but Google Play isn't integrated where I can play directly from my streaming services. I don't want to have to upload or download, I prefer to stream. Are you saying I can stream Google Play through Google Home on my Bose Sound Touch? I would love that if I can.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

No there is no way you can use Google Play on Sountouch. It's like Mac and PC. They don't speak the same language. But if you just want full Google Home integration and great sound, then get chromecast audio devices for your Bose.
I use my 2 Bose soundtouch for listening to my personal collection on my NAS.
I use Google Home with 3 linked google cast devices for everything else.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2016

@fourthofjuly Do you know if it's possible to stream music from Google Home via Google Cast do the Soundtouch? If yes, is that possible without using the remote control - only by voice command?