Highlighted
J7777
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Bose home 500

Bought the home 500 instead of the touch. Started off well good sound. I have other Bose speakers and a Bose sound system in my car. New update to the Bose Music app and now no Bass adjustment only treble and speaker level. Bring back bass setting. Spent a lot of money on this instead if audio pro c10 due to its initial sound set up and app. Now it's changed. Please return system I initial purchased with Base adjustment.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Bose home 500

Hi J7777,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums! I'm delighted to hear that you're enjoying the audio quality for the Home Speaker 500, but sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Bose Music app.

The Bass audio adjustment setting within the Bose Music application for your speaker is still active and a feature - you may be running on an outdated Android app version. Our current version is 1.7.2 for iOS and Android, and as such if your application has not automatically updated it may be beneficial to uninstall and reinstall the Bose Music app from your device.

If this does not resolve the issue you're currently experiencing, please advise me accordingly and we'd love to investigate this further.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

J7777
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

HI, Thanks for replying. Original app had Base and Treble settings worked GREAT. Just had the update to latest Android version 1.7.2. Now No Base setting. Just Treble and speaker vol. Not good.

Hello J7777, 

This is a known fault that our team is currently working on. The Bass adjustment is actually controlled by the 'Speaker level.' It is unknown why this was renamed before the latest firmware update, but will perform the same function as the Bass adjustment level that preceded it. It will be renamed and corrected in an upcoming update.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G