ibrouwer
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Can not change password in community

I have no idea where to post this question (I am unable to post a new question in the community section) so I do it here:

I had to change over from the old community to the new community on Bose.com for which I received a temporary password.

Supposedly i should have been prompted to change my password when logging in for the first time, but that did not happen. Now there is no option that I can find to change my community password.

Thanks,

Idso.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Can not change password in community

Author Accepted Answer selected by ibrouwer

Sorry.  Try THIS.  Click "change password" at the bottom and ignore the other fields. 

7 REPLIES 7
steviejay
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

There really should be a password change option within the site, not just a reset option.

ibrouwer
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Yes, you are correct that there should be a password change option. I don't have any Bose equipment yet and am here to investigate if Bose is something for me. what I see so far on the Bose website and this community does not give me a very comfortable feeling about the way Bose handles customer services.

PS: I don't even see a reset option on this community.

Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know.  We're aware that there is not a password reset button at the moment.  We're working to resolve this but in the meantime you can go HERE to update it now.  Just click "change password" at the bottom and ignore the rest of the fields. 

ibrouwer
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

I get "permission denied"

Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by ibrouwer

Sorry.  Try THIS.  Click "change password" at the bottom and ignore the other fields. 

BK
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2015

Hmmm..  I tried that.  It brought me back to a profile page -- with no indication of whehter or not the password change was successful or not   😕

SoundTouch User
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

I ended up with the same message. The work around I found, was to reset the password...

Not optimal (as with much of the internet of Bose) but it got me back to where I was before the migration.