cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidkris
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2016

Re: How does Chromecast work with Soundtouch systems?

Hi
Is there also a way to connect Chromecast with Sound touch 30 speaker. What I could figure is to connect Chromecast to tv and then from tv ti bose with an AUX cable
Pls suggest
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello vidkris,

The Chromecast only has an HDMI output so you would need to use the TV's audio output to connect an audio device to. 

jsgordon79
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Hi mate

How did you get rid of the delay? I have built in speakers in the same room as the Bose yet the delay on the Bose system makes it impossible to use both at same time. 

LKTunez
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2015

Howdy, 

Not sure if I'm experiencing the same thing you are, but I have my bose in a different room, but if it's playing louder than the next room I do notice they speakers are a bit out of sync.  I just assumed since they're on two different chrome cast audio devices (made into one group in the Home app) that there was going to be some delay.  I just deal with it by turning the Bose down when I'm not in that room or leaving it off.

jsgordon79
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Hi mate thanks for your reply.

I see, I have a set up where every room has hard wired speakers. The lounge had an old simple system in it which was good, thought it was time to upgrade, the Bose system is a different league on it's own but needs the ceiling speakers to fill the room else sounds too localised at one end (open plan living, kichen, dining of 40 sq m). The delay is just too much. Seems it's only new systems that have this delay. Daisy chaining Chromecasts is great but I think with a different system in each room you wouldn't noice the delay, having two playing along simultaniously just doesn't work.

Just seen there is a Soundtouch wireless link, think I'm just going to have to spend the money for this sand see if it works... much more expensive solution than Google but given how impressed I am with the Bose so far I'm kinda thinking it will be worth it. 

LKTunez
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2015

Good luck, like most of these first-world problems, it can be frustrating when they don't work exactly like we want, but then again like you said the Bose sound quality is awesome!  Please do let us know how the Bose Sountouch link works.  Since I also have hardwired speakers in much of the rest of my house and only have the Bose in one room at one end I haven't needed to supplement like you have.  I wondered if I ever needed to replace my current zoned system whether I would just by several Soundtouch units, however, your comment makes it sound like they don't really fill a room the same way.

Regardless, enjoy the music!

csamala
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2017

Hi Brandon,

I connected my chromecase to bose cinemate 130, unfortunately I am not able to get it to work. I can hear the audio but video is not working. When I directly plug the chromecase to TV it does work. But when I plug it back to the bose receiver it does not work. Is there any addiotnal steps that I am missing ?

Thanks,