My Bose Lifestyle 48 iii won’t provide any sound

Silent Starter

My Bose Lifestyle 48 iii won’t provide any sound

So my home got struck by lightning on Tuesday night.  Fouled a few things up.  

I have the Bose Lifestyle 48 iii sound system.  Everything was on a surge protector except the Acoustimass subwoofer.  I can turn the unit on and my Directv runs fine through it, but it won’t produce any sound through the Bose speakers.  Upon turning it on the screen says the following:

’Please make sure the Acoustimass bass module is connected to the console as shown below.  Also, make sure that the Acoustimass bass module is connected to AC power.’

It seems to be implying that the Acoustimass bass subwoofer is either not connected to the console or the power cord is not plugged in.  Well, I haven’t touched the cords in five years, so I know it’s all connected properly.  I pulled the electrical cord and plugged into the console and it powered the console, so I know the cord works fine.

How can I tell if the Acoustimass bass module is fried?  Also, if it is fried is it possible to purchase just the Acoustimass 48 iii bass module new by itself?  And if not is there a newer version that would be compatible?

any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: My Bose Lifestyle 48 iii won’t provide any sound

Hello Phillyfanatic,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you experienced this unfortunate circumstance. 

My best recommendation would be to contact our Technical Support team and send the unit in for repair. With situations such as this, it is better to ensure that the equipment is safe for use. 

You can find contact details by clicking HERE > Selecting your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us' in the page footer. 

If you have any questions in the meantime, please do get back to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support