Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

New (Bose) Low

Well, just when I thought I couldn't regret my Bose investment anymore, a whole new low.

So we had a gathering at my house last weekend with about 60 family and friends.

I had the stinking Soundtouch 130 fired up and playing an Apple iTunes playlist via the most amateur (but only) way possible...Bluetooth from my iPad....and then it happened....the crowd wanted to watch the NCAA tournament on tv while continuing to listen to music. Imagine my horror when I had to tell them "sorry, my Bose Soundtouch products are not capable of doing that" and then I started fumbling to disconnect my tv from the ST and run a patch Hdmi cable from my appleTV 4 to my tv as to not loose music connection with the Soundtouch since you can only operate one feature at a time...you know, like back in the 1970's.

Whew...the patch cable worked and was super attractive running across my family room until a crowd gathered around to watch the game and the interference from their devices kept disrupting the Bluetooth connection between my my iPad and the junk box 130....buzzkill.

So, after the spotty Bluetooth connection gave everyone a migraine. We switched the Hdmi patch cables back and the crowd wanted to listen to the 2nd Half of the game outside on the deck as it was an oddly warm day...."sorry everyone, my Bose system does not allow rebroadcasting of tv or auxiliary input sound"

Here's a sampling of the feedback I received....

"dude, my Sonos doesn't do that"

"why did you buy that Bose s**t, they are so technologically behind everyone else"

"can you get your money back?"

" Bose used to be awesome, but this is horrible"

So, if anyone is perusing these boards and doing research on wireless wifi home integration systems, please heed this warning and the hundreds of others posting on here and stay away from Bose Soundtouch products. They are literally so frustrating and incapable it will drive you mad. Not just the basic products, but the lack of support and current trending features and services is surely going to bankrupt the brand in the near future....I wish I had done so.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Re: New (Bose) Low

Mine all worked great.....the app updated.....then it didn't!  My system was, I thought, better than my brother in laws SONOS in terms of capability......then it suddenly wasn't.  I was about to buy more units too.  No way now!

ST 130, 30 and 3 ST10s

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Re: New (Bose) Low

Yes, and the "coming soon" feature (Aux rebroadcasting) that could have brought back a little dignity into the $1300 ST130 bluetooth speaker is not coming to us ST130 suckers at all due to "firmware incapatability"....how utterly disturbing from a once premium brand.

This board would've never heard from the likes of me if I could simply plug my appletv4 into the aux Hdmi and broadcast my jams throughout the house and yard....I know, silly me. I should've done my research ahead of time and I'd be a happy idiot living in Sonosville right now but shucks, that's what you get for being loyal to brand for over 20 years....blind loyalty.

Hey Bose!....how about doing the stand up thing for us losers who plunked down thou$ands LAST YEAR on the product you then discontinued and can't support in a 2005 kind of way. Offer us 130's and 120's a trade in for a new head unit that will have the appropriate "firmware" to support the "upcoming" system upgrades and Aux rebroadcasting....hello....anyone there?