New Feature - Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast (Beta)

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I’m rather new to this so please excuse my lack of techi knowledge.
The update to have my Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar talk to my ST 30 is briliant for music.
But when I play the tv/video thro the sound bar and ST 30 there is a three second delay between the ST 300 and ST 30. I can have the sound in synch but then it doesn’t match what I’m watching on tv. Reading the Bose bulletin about this it almost seems like this has been done deliberately, I’m afraid it doesn’t make sense to me. Why can’t it be in synch at the tv/video ST 300 and no delay at the ST 30? Isn’t this what Sonos does?
4 REPLIES

Re: New Feature - Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast (Beta)

Hi Lanky Lad,

Toggling the Video Sync option within the SoundTouch application may resolve the issue you are experiencing regarding a delay between the audio and video on the SoundTouch 300. This is explained in the pinned post linked below:

If you open the SoundTouch application, go to Menu>Settings>Speaker Settings>SoundTouch 300>Group Settings>Video Sync and turn this option ON.

Here is a brief description of how the Video Sync option works:

• When set to “On” – The main speaker will produce audio 3 seconds sooner than any speakers added to it’s group or in Play All
    • This is most beneficial when the main speaker is an audio for video product, such as a SoundTouch 300. Therefore, it will keep the SoundTouch 300 in sync with the video on the connected television
    • All other speakers in the group or Play All will have a 3-second delay from the main speaker
  • When set to “Off” – The main speaker will produce audio in sync with any speaker(s) added to its group or in Play All
    • If the main speaker is connected to a video display, the audio will not be in sync with any video content being displayed

Keep in mind that this feature is also in beta and that there may be some limitations or performance issues due to this.

Let us know how the above goes! Thanks!

-Michael

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Michael.

I think I understand all that and have tried it out on the system so I can see what the words mean practically.

My question is really, when the video sync is set to on (tv/video and ST 300 in sync) why is there a 3 second sound delay at the ST 30. Bose, say this is beneficial, I don’t see any benefit in listening to the same tv broadcast with a 3 second delay between one speaker and another.

Regards

Lanky Lad,

The purpose of the video sync option is to account for the inherent delay that is created by rebroadcasting the audio wirelessly.  At this point, you may not be able to have multiple rooms playing video audio perfectly in sync but we're always working to improve the feature. 

Hope this helps.  Thanks! 

Quiet Contributor

Not being technical in this field I didn’t realise there is an inherent delay. However 3 seconds seems a lot given today’s technology and what I’ve paid out for an ST 300 and bass unit, ST 30 and two ST 10’s!!

I for would appreciate it if you could work towards minimising or better still eliminating this delay.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards.