Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Radio Player

A new radio app has launched in Canada, to favourable reviews. Radio Player looks like a solid approach to an integrated radio station app. Radio Player also appears to be a VTuner like serivce world wide and would appear to be worthy of Bose reviewing for implementation with SoundTouch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Radio Player

Author Accepted Answer selected by rickatk

Hello rickatk,

Thanks for letting us know, well send this as feedback to the software team. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by rickatk

Hello rickatk,

Thanks for letting us know, well send this as feedback to the software team. 

View solution in original post

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Radio Player Canada

Radioplayer Canada Launches New “Smart Device” Integrations with Sonos, Google’s Chromecast, and App...

• Sonos features the streaming radio service in its app in Canada
  • Google’s Chromecast enables streaming across more listener devices
  • Apple Carplay compatibility enhances safety and convenience for listeners

Further to my post in March, seems Radio Player is making in roads to the various music services and hardware vendors. I see Bose is not listed. Too bad.

I was wondering what the "software team" or Bose managment has to say about that?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there rickatk,

I can absolutely send this up to the engineers to see if it can be added as a source.  It does look like most of the stations there can be found in vTuner or TuneIn.  Do you know if it has stations that can't be found anywhere else?

Best,

Brandon

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Hi Brandon:

Thanks for the reply.

At first blush I thought oh there is Sonos again in on another radio service that Bose hasn't bothered to persue. On reflection though I started to wonder why do I care if Radio Canada App is offered in the Bose ecosystem. I already listen to a few local stations at home and at work, compliments of vTuner. Have done for a couple years without any problems. Also vTuner is an established service which caters to hadrware makers like Bose, Denon and alike.

The more I look at these radio station solutions and streaming service offerings in general, I am starting to think marketing is clouding what we really need. For example vTuner does carry many many Canadian stations. I am not too sure if some of the Canadian stations are not being picked up by vTuner or for that matter Tune-in which is also included in the Bose lineup.

Sonos has done a very good job recruiting a number of providers and services, duplicating stations, in a lot of cases. This is certainly a very good marketing strategy. The only obvious service missing, that many have indicated a true need and want, is Apple Music.