Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Re: Sony release Q35 competitor - upgraded MDR-1000Xs

Hey can you provide a link of soundtrack that you compared the Sony with Bose ? As my QC35 sound perfect lows mids highs awesomely balanced and sound is crystal clear ? Thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi I listen to a variety of music wired and Bluetooth yes the Bose are good do you have the Sony's? If you can compare then you would hear the difference BUT please bare in mind the sound is a very subjective matter and everyone is different. I have the Bose AEW1 the first Bluetooth set and the Bose QC25 the wired NC set. There is another QC35 coming soon an updated set with an extra button possibly for Siri Alexa Cortana when these are released I may buy them  b

Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

I’m shocked how much tech the new Sony has especially Supported Audio Format(s)SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDACSupported Content ProtectionSCMS-T Does anyone know what formats the QC35 support ? as i can’t find them anywhere ? Thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi the Bose don't support any format's all they do is self equalise the music as they play the music in real time they do sound good but to my ears the Sony's have the edge. I listen to my QC25/AEW1 when I want that smooth sound that Bose have for certain types of music i.e. Soul radio.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

I did a test between the New Sony and the NewBose at BestBuy today. While sound quality is important, ANC is what I use headphones for, especially flying. I didn't do a sound quality test. First, the QCII are dead quiet in the area where they kill noise but let some voices through in the store. The Sonys had a brouder range of sound deadining but more low hiss. Also while they have not increased the ear cup as much as the QC 35 the foam is MUCH more compliant and wearable from the first version. If they properly warranty the headband agiainst cracking (still a bit issue in build quality) I will probably go this way....but more auditioning to go.