Simon L.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Soundtouch System doesn’t check if Hot Keys are already playing

Dear Bose support,

I am sure there is already a topic about this but I couldn’t find it.
What’s drives me absolutely insane and what makes me regret the my decision to by the soundtouch System is followoing.

In have the soundtouch 10, 20 and 300 all over my flat. I have my favorite radio station on the hot key button 1. If the radio is already playing on one station and I walk to another room and start the same channel with my hot key buttons the sound has different timing.

I always have to go into the app and connect the sound systems. This is really annoying and can’t be to hard to fix. Every old Fashion Radio is able to do so.

When do you think to fix this?

Best regards Simon
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundtouch System doesn’t check if Hot Keys are already playing

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the post, and welcome to the community!

With streaming internet radio stations, there is always be a buffer that needs to be loaded and can result in a few seconds difference between two different systems.  When you engage Play All from the SoundTouch app, it will take the stream from one system and rebroadcast it to other SoundTouch systems in sync.  In order to do this, you must engage Play All in the SoundTouch App.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Simon L.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Hi Brandon,

thanks for your quick answer. But your answer was only a description of the Problem I was talking about.

At home I dont always have my phone with me and don't want to hit the Play All Button on my phone. 

The Systems should check the other Systems in the house, if they are playing the same Radio Station. If they do they should be able to Sync automaticly. Drives me crazy if they are playing the same song but arent synced.

Is there going to be a solution? Other they using the app?

Beste Regrads,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.

The way SoundTouch was designed to initiate all systems for simultaneous play is using the SoundTouch application and selecting "Play All" to have your SoundTouch system in sync.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support