Lifestyle 5 with powered acoustimass subwoofer

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 5 with powered acoustimass subwoofer

Hi I'm new to this but was looking for some help. I don't seem to have any audio output from the RCA port on the powered acoustimass other than a hiss. The second port works fine. I was interested if anyone else has had the same issue. Thanks again.
3 REPLIES

Re: Lifestyle 5 with powered acoustimass subwoofer

Hello ChrisMcg

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be glad to help!

Can you try and switch the RCA connections on the Acoustimass module?  If the problem stays on the same side, this would indicate an issue with the speaker cable or speaker itself.  If the problem switches to the other side, this would indicate something going on with the Acoustimass module or CD console.  

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Thankyou it was very much appreciated. I always thought it was the acoustimass unit but you were correct. I did a continuity test and found the inner core sheaf had there small slits resulting in the screen cable coming into contact the the inner cable core. All working great.

I have one more issue with the cable the 3.5 mm Jack is missing and I've researched to find it is identified as a ground wire . Do you have any info on the Jack post connection as it's only one ground cable that comes from the 5 pin plug end. I have another Jack just want to be certain on the connection into the 3.5mm jack post.

Thanks again its very much appreciated

Regards Chris

Hi ChrisMcg

Glad to hear it was just a cable issue!  Regarding the second question, I wasn't able to find any information about the cable schematics.  I would recommend contacting your local support center to see if they still carry the audio input cable for the system.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A