Bose New Product: Surround Speakers 700

Community Manager

SS700.PNG

On Thursday June 20th, we offer for sale our new Surround Speakers 700 package - a premium, high performance wireless rear speaker accessory for the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 speakers.

Please check out the product information pages and let us know if you have any questions!

60 Comments
Quiet Contributor

I’m still experiencing L = right and R = Left. I did the recommendation on unplugging the power cord from Soundbar and switch rear left to L and rear right to R then re-ran adaptiq but still wrong. Isn’t there a firmware update? What else can I do?

Hello Dyzfnctional1,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. 

Please contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily do what they can to assist you with this matter further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Noisy Narrator

I know this is a "work-around," but can you physically switch the location of the rear surrounds so you hear the sounds from the proper side?

Silent Starter

I also had a problem with the Bose app referencing the surround speakers opposite when running Adaptiq.  I flipped the switches on the receivers so the left was for the right and the right was for the left. It then played correctly when running Adaptiq but didn’t sound right when listening. I played a 5.1 test on YouTube and the surround speakers were playing opposite of what they should. Switched the receivers back to the correct position and then it sounded great. I figured Adaptiq might not have them set up to sound right since they were referenced backwards so I unplugged the Soundbar for a few minutes. Plugged it back in and added the sub and surround speakers. Ran Adaptiq and now they are referenced correctly and sound great. I use Avater about 33 minutes in when he’s surrounded by the wild dog things. 

Quiet Contributor

Is the switching of L and R a problem just for Soundbar 700 users with the Bose Music App or is it affecting Soundtouch users also?

Quiet Contributor

So with the switching of the L & R mine was like that for the first day but after some tinkering was fixed, at the time I wasn't sure why. I think at some point I swapped the wireless/power recievers for each speakers and that may be what fixed it so is worth a try...Don't swap toggle switches, leave L & R set to whichever recieve it is on now, just change which speaker you have plugged into each reciever brick. 

Audible Advocate

Will this be available for Australian consumers??

Hello generalzod,

Thanks for getting in touch, at the moment the speakers are only available in the US; there is no new information on release dates in Australia.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Audible Advocate

700 rear speakers sound like a waste if there’s no sound quality difference between vi300. Same goes with the 700 sound bar. No innovation in the new product yet a much higher price. Please don’t try to sell the sound bar with added treble functionality. both 700 products sound like a rip off. My assumption is either some exec retired or there’s no room for innovation in hose products. Extremely disappointed. 

Noisy Narrator

I think they just took the surround speakers from the Bose Lifestyle 650 and offfered them up for the Bose Soundbar 700 at an exagerated price compared to the Virtually Invisable surround speakers.  Unless you need the 360 degree sound, I prefer the VI speakers.