Learn About Amazon Alexa + Bose Connected Home Speakers

Community Manager

Connected Home + Alexa.jpeg

Bose is excited to partner with Amazon to bring new, valuable experiences to our smart speakers and soundbars customers.

With Alexa built into your Bose Home Speaker 500, Bose Soundbar 500, and Bose Soundbar 700, just ask and you can play music, check the weather, hear the news, control Alexa-compatible smart-home devices, and so much more. Bose smart speakers and soundbars with Alexa are the result of a shared goal between Bose and Amazon to create a more natural, convenient listening experience for customers.

Common commands/utterances:

“Alexa, play some indie music” or “Alexa, play Ed Sheeran”

• With Alexa, you can play and control music with your voice. Just ask for your favorite genre, artist, Internet radio station, podcast, or playlist.

“Alexa, turn it up” or “Alexa, next track”

• With Alexa, you can control your music with your voice — even if you start the music over a Bluetooth® connection or with the Bose Music app. And music started by Alexa can also be controlled by the Bose Music app or the buttons on the speaker or the soundbar remote.

“Alexa, do I need an umbrella today?” or “Alexa, what’s the weather?”

• Ask about local, national, and international weather.

“Alexa, set a timer for 10 minutes” or “Alexa, wake me up at 7 am”

• Alexa can wake you up or let you snooze. You can also ask Alexa to set timers so you don’t have to keep looking at your phone.

“Alexa, tell me a joke” or “Alexa, play ‘Jeopardy’”

• Alexa is ready to lighten the mood or help you host a game night. Just ask.

“Alexa, what’s the news?”

• Keep up with the news while you’re cooking dinner. Just ask Alexa for the news, and you’ll get a read out on the hot topics.

“Alexa, add olive oil to my shopping list” or “Alexa, order dog food”

• Your day gets easier with Alexa helping you keep track of little things. Just ask Alexa to add items to a shopping list. Or, you can order directly from Amazon as soon as you think of it.

“Alexa, turn on the lights in the kitchen”

Alexa lets you control smart-home devices like lights, thermostats, and more.

“Alexa, ask Domino’s to order me a pizza” or “Alexa, get me an Uber”

You can enable custom Alexa skills within the Alexa app, which gives you access to some of your favorite services.

“Alexa, what can you do?”

Want to see what else Alexa can do? Just ask Alexa to see how she can help.

NOTE: More functionality coming soon for Bose smart soundbars.