Bose Community Forums redesign - Update #2

Community Manager
Community Manager

We wanted to go into more detail and provide more information around the Bose Community redesign which we announced earlier in the week. As mentioned in that blog post we are hoping to optimize the look and fell of the community to provide the right information, to the right customers, at the right time.

As part of that, we are organizing content a little differently and this post will focus on those changes.

Individual forum page

As mentioned in the last post, we are incorporating visual banners on or forums, so that you know here you are at all times. We are also incorporating a “Search this Forum” search box up front and center.

Forum page.png

Below the Search box, you will then see the individual forum threads that have been posted within that individual forum. There are a few things which I would like to point out:

1. The Green highlight for a thread with an accepted solution (and check mark)
  2. Callouts on activity – Bose replies, other posts, page views
  3. The ability to “Search by label”
  4. Displaying “Unanswered Topics”
  5. Highlighting “Top Solution Authors”

Thread listing page.png

The content is organized so that you can see the relevant information for each of the threads on the forum, without having to dive deeper into that thread. Green “lightbulbs” are displayed for those threads with accepted solutions, and the chat icons display for those without accented solutions. The right side of the page displays relevant information specific to that forum.

Individual Thread page

This is an area that a majority of people who come into the community land on, because they are guided from a search engine. 

As you can see below, we have removed the banner, so that we can display as much information as possible, before you have to scroll.

Thread listing page.png

The content of the post is centralized, and the original poster has their own “profile card” which highlights their activity and stats on the left side of the page. The green highlights that there is an accepted solution on that thread with a link to see it within the discussion.

There are other changes within the Bose Community redesign as well, like a new profile page for you, new category specific hub pages and other items. While we would like to cover the entire project, we did want to highlight the main points in these 2 blog posts.

We hope that you agree that these changes make the Bose community more visually appealing, while at the same time organizing the content so that our customers can find the right information that they need at the right time - getting the answers to their questions in a timely fashion.

We hope that you enjoy this new experience on the Bose Community forums. If you have any feedback, please let us know on the Forum Feedback & Requests forum.

Michael_P

11 Comments
BIGMILLER52
Silent Starter

What a pain in the ass using this web site.  Now have the off my chest, the reason I'm trying to contact them is to find out if the Home speaker 300 or 500 is compatible with my Wave Music System.  The info provided on their "Fantastic web site" is pretty vague.  My Wave Music System is about 10 years old.  Any info you fellow owners my have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BIGMILLER52,

Thanks for your post and sorry for your frustration. In the future, questions like this can be asked in the Wave Systems forum.

I do not believe that these are compatible with one another. The Wave music system was really designed as a stand alone unit.

Mike

0 Likes
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator

Good job on the site redesign.  It looks good and seems to work well.

0 Likes
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator

That said, I don't like that the sub-topics keep changing location.  When I hover over "Speakers" I have to look around for "Home Theater."  They should be alphabetical and stay in the same order all the time.

0 Likes
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator

When looking at our Recent Activities, we need to see if there have been any responses.  Otherwise, we have to click on each one to see.  That's not good.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xyz987,

Glad that you like it and thanks for the feedback. We are in the process of changing the order of the forums. I hear what you are saying with the "recent activities" section. This would need to b ea future enhancement, but we will take it into account. Thanks again.

Michael_P

0 Likes
Plasmanut
Animated Arbiter

How do you read the private messages in your inbox? I can only see 3 lines and can't seem to find a place to click to view the full message. My inbox still show the message a unread. There's not even a reply button appearing anywhere... BTW I have tried this from 3 different web browsers on PC, Mac and iPad. 

0 Likes

Hi Plasmanut, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

You can open the full message by clicking on the title of the message and this will open this for you. 

Please let us know if you have any issues with this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

0 Likes
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter

Hi Michael, the redesign looks good. The only issue I'm having with it is I have to reduce the view (type size or view size) in Safari from 'normal' to one click 'zoom out' in order to see the log-in line at the top right. However when I do that the type size on the pages also gets smaller making it less readable. (I'm an old guy). In other words the page isn't viewing properly when page view is set to 'normal'. I'm on a 15" MacBook Pro running the latest MacOS v10.14.6 with Safari v12.1.2. Just thought I'd pass that along. Cheers.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grmedhat,

Sorry to hear. I will take a look at that and see what we can do.

Michael_P

0 Likes
Danmarc
Strident Supporter

I was intending to start a new topic when i noticed this, already in place.

Unfortunately, I can confirm. user 123123 is right: the forum pages are loading extremely slow. Is like on dial-up connection.

My internet connection cannot be blamed, as long as I have two fiber-optics internet providers, with speeds of 300 and 500 Mbps respectively and all other websites load instantly.

Maybe BOSE servers are slow or overcrowded, I do not know, but the reality is that pages are loading extremely slow. Even the "Go back" command is slow.

0 Likes