Bose Connect Update - 14.0 – November 10th

Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

Starting Tuesday November 10th, 2020, a new update for the Bose Connect App (14.0) is available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. In typical fashion, this will be a staged release being deployed to existing users over a 7-day period. This update will automatically happen through the Google Play Store, but only for users who have auto-updates enabled.

Some Android users will not see the update immediately and will have to wait till their device becomes part of the roll out, however you can uninstall and reinstall the app to get the latest version. Additionally, all customers downloading for the first time will get the new app. 

Version Information

• iOS and Android: 14.0

Compatible OS versions

• Android: 7, 8, 9 and up
  • iOS: 11, 12 and up

Release Notes

• Similar to Bose Music, a new message center/inbox will be integrated into the Bose Connect app. This will enable app messages to be sent to users, and persist, within an inbox section of the app.
    • These messages may include product onboarding info, product update information, product launch updates, or marketing (if you opt in).

connect inbox.png

• General accessibility improves using “voice over” on iOS or “TalkBack” feature on Android.
  • Fixed a minor bug when using an Apple ID to log in.
  • General bug fixes and improvements.
15 Comments

Hey Clarodeleon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having an audio issue with your Soundbar 700. 

Can you please let us know if you get audio when connected to your iPad when streaming via Bluetooth? I'd also like to know if you get audio from the Soundbar when connected to other sources? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

0 Likes
Participant

Hello!  I have an older Sound Link speaker circa 2011-2014.  This speaker will no longer connect with Bluetooth on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.  It will still sync with my Soundlink Mini and my Quiet Comfort 35 headphones but not the older system.  I’ve followed all the protocols in clearing the Soundlink by holding down the Bluetooth button for 10-12 seconds, just as I always did in the past with previous iPhone updates.  Any clue on how to fix this?

Mark

0 Likes

Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear you're having some difficulty connecting your SoundLink speaker to your iPhone 12. Firstly, have you checked it's running the more up-to-date firmware HERE? Do you have any issue connecting the speaker to other devices that aren't iOS, or even an older iPhone? It'd be interesting to know the outcome if you're able to test that.

0 Likes
Participant

Hi Sam, maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see a firmware update for my speaker since it is so old?  I looked on the link you alluded to and went to my speaker and there is no mention of a firmware update.  Like I said, I’ve had no problems in the past syncing my phone to this speaker.  I don’t have any old phones now or other devices that could work as even my iPad has iOS 14.2 and it won’t sync with Bluetooth.

0 Likes

Thanks for updating us on this! 

So that we can assist further can you please let us know exactly which SoundLink speaker you own? If you are unsure you can use our product identifier tool here.

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information.  

0 Likes
Participant

As stated above it is the Bose Soundlink Wireless Mobile Speaker circa 2011-2014.  I don’t remember which year I purchased it, I just know it was at the kiosk in Denver International Airport.  

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, this is why you may not have seen the update on the BTU site. What you may want to try is a product reset, by holding the Mute button for ten seconds. Also, have you had the chance to test a different phone/device to connect to the speaker via Bluetooth, to see the outcome? Give this a try (if possible) and let us know if it connects. If you continue to have difficulty connecting to your devices, I'd recommend reaching out to local support to look further into the available service options and have your issue resolved.

0 Likes
Participant

Good morning,

I pulled out my old iPod that won’t keep a charge anymore but plugged it in.  It still runs iOS 12.4 and it connected immediately with the SoundLink speaker in question like it used to.  It’s an apparent problem with iOS 14.  

0 Likes
Participant

Maybe you guys can get a push to Apple so our older Bose devices will continue to work?  I take this speaker camping so it would be nice to have it working again.  Thank you

0 Likes

my name is Tiffy I'm totally blind and hearing-impaired and I live in Australia! I love bose and it's my absolute favourite company especially where speakers and headphones are concerned as I'm always using the headphones in particular because I love listening to heavy metal and it also helps me take calls and make calls, the problem I have with the app is even though it is a lot better with voice-over now and I've got an iPhone 8 at the moment, why doesn't the app update include being able to purchase from bose just like if you want to purchase an iPhone you go to the Apple Store app and you can purchase that way, however on the Bose connect app for some reason it doesn't let you purchase anything it just let you update products and update the software, is there an update coming out where you're able to purchase items using the app because the website to do this is absolutely useless for someone in my situation and today I actually had to email site and sound galleria in a suburb called Camberwell in Melbourne to get help with getting a new pair of headphones because the noise cancelling quiet comfort 35 2 has just broken now and I'm not able to hear out of one earpiece and because I'm hearing impaired it's really difficult! If this app is so good why can't you purchase anything on it?

0 Likes

it would be nice if I was able to purchase products using the app because apps work better as opposed to websites anyway especially with screen readers like voice-over are concerned! Unfortunately when I called bose Australia couple of months ago because my bose ae2 sound link Bluetooth headphones which is the headphones I would normally use at home broke in half I called them to ask them how much it would be to purchase a new set but unfortunately they seem to be in the Philippines now and the woman on the phone told me it was $39 something, I said to her are you sure about that because I'm actually talking about the headset not the earmuffs, finally after about 10 minutes of her saying she didn't understand what I was talking about she finally told me that the headset on after is AU$330 and that's fine but because they seem to have moved overseas even though today when I looked at the website where I was reading it with voice-over the address is in New South Wales something doesn't seem right there! Anyway my point is I want to be able to use the bose Connect app to purchase products because if you're saying that voice-over is accessible with this app now as it wasn't previously many years ago, then why doesn't this update make it possible to purchase products? There is no way to have so-called feedback on the website so that you can tell them exactly what you want on the app, and when I spoke to site and sound galleria who is one of the stores that sell these products in Melbourne today they said it's very hard to contact bose

0 Likes

and in regards to the bose Connect app, what does the inbox do, and is that only for marketing or am I able to reply to community messages? When I went into the inbox it didn't show the conversation so I'm just wondering what the inbox does? Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

sorry about dictation

0 Likes

Hi Tiffy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and for providing us with this feedback. It is super helpful and I have passed this information onto the team for review. As it stands at the moment, the application is used to help stabilize the connection rather than for purchasing. 

Regarding the inbox, this is used to communicate any messaging from Bose to our customers about their products. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again!

0 Likes
Participant

Buenas desde ayer no puedo utilizar mi altavoz bose 300 se puso una barra blanca que va de izquierda a derecha es como si estuviera actualizándose y no se que pasa que no se actualiza hasta el día de hoy quería saber si me pueden ayudar gracias 

0 Likes