Bose Connect app and Bose Music - app login issue *RESOLVED*

Community Manager
Community Manager
Evocative_11alt2.jpg

*UPDATE*
We are pleased to announce that the issue affecting the ability to log into and create accounts for Bose Music and Bose Connect Android apps has now been resolved.

Hi everyone,

We are currently experiencing an issue affecting the ability to log into and create accounts for Bose Music and Bose Connect Android apps; this does not affect iOS users.
This also impacts the ability to add voice assistants to Smart Speakers within the Bose Music app.
Our engineering teams are actively working toward a resolution to this issue. and we will provide updates here when available.
We apologize for any impact this may have on your experience.
14 Comments
Participant

I've just received my NC 700 this morning, but i have failed to sign-in to BOSE music.

I've tried re-installing several times, on wifi and 4g and on other devices as well.

This does not work. Waiting till tomorrow, otherwise I'm returning my product. Horrible experience

0 Likes
Participant

Just dowloaded the app 2 days ago cannot log in to it error message is sometuing went wrong when we tried to sign you in. Try again later been that for 2 days, just bought a soundbar 500 and module 500 cannot set it up tried doingnitnon my other devices i got a samsung s9+ tried on my other samsung phone s6 samsung tablet still same issue arise, tried re installing ap same problem, i may return the items if i cannot evem use it

0 Likes

I am still experiencing the issue on Android, freshly installed app.

Do I need to upgrade the app?

Or is the problem server-side?

Thanks!

0 Likes

still not working:

-setup a new Bose home 500 fresh out of the box.

-try to connect to google voice with iPhone xs with lates update

-when loggin with Bose credentials to google assistant get the msg: network error, try again later.

0 Likes

Just talked to a nice lady from the Dutch Bose supportdesk , she told me that there is still a problem for IOS users. I asked how to stay informed about the issue because de forums and bose twitter is not providing any updates. She promised me to email me with new updates when the problem is resolved.

0 Likes

Bose app permanently fails on the wifi: "Can't find any of your speakers" How come Spotify always finds the speaker and the Bose app does NOT? Is there a solution?

Participant

Hi good Day! Im jet i just purchase Bose Home Portable Speaker i have a problem connecting my Speaker to APP everytime i try to connect always said "Product Activation Failed". what should i do. Pls! help. just message me @ Jetrebollado@gmail.com

0 Likes
Contributor

I recently purchased Bose 5000 Soundbar System with subwoofer. I'm using it with NVidia Shield. The subwoofer is not connected and your Bose Music app isn't in the Android TV Playstore. What do I do?

0 Likes

I have the same issue with my Soundlink Micro. It is definitely not resolved on iOS.

I am on IOS and there is no problem finding the product but when I try to add it it keeps telling me “oops, something went wrong - we had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product”. 

Contributor

Great announcement however it is totally false. The app still does not work and absolutely nothing is changed. Great job!

Contributor

Still get the “oops.....” issue immediately following the sharing question. 

0 Likes
Contributor

Wow Bose, I am really disappointed in this purchase.  I just can't believe you care so little about honesty.  I have now had your Bose 500 soundbar system for 2 weeks and almost nothing works as advertised.  I am using NVidia shield, and I can only get sound through bluetooth.  It doesn't work at all wired.  I can't connect my PC to the soundbar even with bluetooth.  I can't download the Bose App on AndroidTV Playstore.  The remote is terrible.  It is supposed to light up when touched, it doesn't.  Half the time I can't see what button I'm pressing.  It doesn't work with my Shield. It powers off TV randomly about 20 seconds after starting it up.  The whole thing is a mess.

***CANNOT OPEN BOSE MUSIC APP ON IOS X DEVICE***

Bose,

I always admired your products and told anyone who wanted great audio quality to get a Bose product. That being said I LITERALLY just received my package for my Portable Home Speaker less than 3hrs ago and after charging device, installing app, connecting to WiFi-network, installing product updates, and setting up my Google Assistant....it was for nothing!!! That was the whole reason I purchased this product and now, almost $400 later, I don’t have what I paid for

I wanted to full experience so I closed all apps on my IOS device with software 13.6 installed (latest update from Apple), checked for recent updates to app in App Store - none - have Version 3.4.1 installed already and turned off my speaker. l powered on the speaker 1st, waited for the speaker to connect via Bluetooth (Bluetooth was enabled on phone before powering on speaker), Bluetooth connection successful and confirmed by speaker announcing as well, clicked on Bose Music App, black background with Bose name appears then goes to full white screen and exits to phone screen but does not close app. I have to manually close it out. I try to re-open the app but same malfunction happens.

I expected more from Bose and thought I would never want to return any products from you, ever. Now, it’s been 3hrs since I received my Portable Home Speaker and I already want to return it back!!

It seems Bose isn’t compatible to IOS devices, that’s a huge disappointment and set back. I love the quality bc it’s above and beyond than anyone’s (in my opinion) but I have no problem going to the 2nd best knowing these lengthy issues/frustrations/inconveniences/time-waisting flaws aren’t not going to occur.

0 Likes