Bose Music App Update – 4.1.1 - September 29th, 2020

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

Wayne_M_0-1601393125833.png
On September 29th, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled. iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. Android users will have to wait till their device becomes part of the roll out. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.  

Version Information

• iOS and Android: 4.1.1 

Release Notes

Bug Fixes

Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.

New products!

Support has been added for the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds, Sport Earbuds and Bose Frames Tenor, Soprano, and Tempo.

Improved iOS14 Lan Permission Prompt

Users will only be asked for LAN permission in app when needed.

Android

Added an Inbox to the app to keep you in the know.

Compatible OS versions  

• Android: 6.0 and up 
  • iOS: 12 and up 
27 Comments
madbooba
Advisor
Advisor

Connection issues (again). On the previous version I had no issue to connect headphones, every time when opened the Music app.

Now, searching, and searching, and searching..not connected - 'something went wrong', and over and over again...

Sometimes EQ Button is not working:

eq_bug.JPG

stevep1968

Downloaded the new version but unable to access the settings menu just a circle and blank screen can you help 

0 Likes

Issue is after initially opening the Bose Music App on the landing page. There's two options Sign In or Bose Create Music. When either option is selected, it's endlessly loading. It's similar to the first comment in this thread by @madbooba that it is searching, searching, and searching. But instead here it's loading, loading, loading....I've left it trying to load for about 3 minutes. Presumably, it would stay loading. If I select anywhere outside of the "loading" window I get the same message first commenter received...."Hmm.....something went wrong...."

Specs: Android v.11 / Pixel 2 / Music App v. 4.1.1*

*Bose Music App -  in Google Play the App Info reflects v. 4.1.1 but reflects last updated on September 18, 2020

Bose Music App 1.pngBose Music App 2.pngBose Music App 3.png

0 Likes

It failed to auto update and I had to do it manually by deleting and reloading the App.  Why is there no "Check for Update" function within the App itself?

It finally got the iOS/iPadOS version working so that I can use the Soundbar for music once more. 

0 Likes
madbooba
Advisor
Advisor

'Why is there no "Check for Update" function within the App itself?' - good question @DoninChippenham! Bose, don't you?

0 Likes
cminton

I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.0.1. I am unable to sign into the Bose Music app. When I click the "Sign In" button, a dialog box pops up (which covers the entire screen) and the only option is to "Cancel". The word "Cancel" above a line and there are no options below the line. I get the same choice if I click the "Create My Bose" button. This is very frustrating. Please assist.

KeyKey
Contributor

Same issue here.  I had to constantly quit the app and connect to my headphones with many familiars.  At some point the connection went through and the update began.  I was troubleshooting for about 45 minutes before it worked.    

0 Likes
madbooba
Advisor
Advisor

Dear @bose Software Engineers Team,

I am a software engineer, and I would like to ask why instead of fixing bugs, you create new, more bugs with every update? Do you test your code before deployment?

FYI:
Previous version of Music app was almost perfect if comes to connection. Now, again I, and others have connectivity issues...😐

P.S.

Could some of you check, and compare 700 headphones noise cancelling level 10 on 1.3.1 and 1.7.0, and try to fix it please?

bose_mus_app_con_issue.JPG

I previously commented with an issue regarding the app. The issue: after opening the app, I had two option: create bose ID or sign in. When either option is selected, another window would window open that seems it would be loading. It would stay stuck in this window.....

I have the security app Bitdefender. After countless test runs including installing the first version which worked, I though that maybe the auto app scan from Bitdefender was somehow interfering. I use Bitdefender and Blokada for security. Anyway, i turned Blokada off and disabled almost everything with Bitdefender. Did a fresh install of the app and it is working.

0 Likes
hahn3302

I purchased the Bose Noise Cancelling Ear Buds.  I would like to use them with my MacBook Pro.  Will Bose Music app be available for the MacBook anytime soon.  I am unable to use the settings or controls for the earbuds without the app.

0 Likes
Virgili

I  turned blokada off and disabled almost everything with Bitdefender.  Did a fresh install of the app and it is working.??  Upsers

0 Likes
vkvallabha

Is there any planned firmware update to support more than 1 active bluetooth stream like QC30. Im not expecting dynamic cross device connectivity like apple AirPods but we will at least need device which can switch between mobile and laptop bluetooth connections.

0 Likes
pettyca$h

I had not had any problems with the app until the last week or so.  I have the sound bar and bass 700s and when I log into the music app, it shows my sound bar but says it is unavailable.  I have reset the app, my sound bar, my phone, my wifi and tried reconnecting multiple times, but always leads to the not available result.  My wifi and phone work with everything else.  Tried this on my iPad as well and got the same result.  Any ideas what could be causing this? 1FC6E0AE-C409-4BF9-86A3-23EA93A2B111.png

0 Likes
calorierebel
Contributor

The new update removed all functionality between my Bose 700 NC headphones and my iPhone 6 (I know it's an old iPhone, but everything worked perfectly until the latest update). Is there anyway to revert to the old app that WORKED?!?

0 Likes
calorierebel
Contributor

The new update removed all functionality between my Bose 700 NC headphones and my iPhone 6 (I know it's an old iPhone, but everything worked perfectly until the latest update). Is there any way to revert to the old app that WORKED?!? I'm running OS 12.4.8.

Headphones also no longer pair with my MacBook Pro laptop OSX 10.11.6, nor with the dongle I bought to make it work with my Samsung Smart TV. Everything worked before last week. Sad!

Please tell me how to restore the old version of the Bose Music app for my elderly devices. 

0 Likes
calorierebel
Contributor

Yes, my headphones are powered on, within range and the blue pairing light is blinking. I always get this error message when I try to connect my Bose 700 NC headphones to my iPhone 6 OS 12. Also, no longer works with any of my devices (Macbook pro laptop or TaoTronics wireless adapter). Please let me revert to the version that worked before this one?

IMG_3085.PNG

0 Likes
Jessie_O

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with the headphones following the app update. I'll be happy to help where I can! 

Whilst you will not be able to revert back to an older version of the application, I'll be happy to help get you back up and running. Have you tried removing the application and then reinstalling it? 

If this is unsuccessful, I would also recommend clearing the pairing list on the headphones by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then deleting the pairing on your source devices and reconnecting like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on! 

0 Likes
calorierebel
Contributor

Dear Jessie, thanks for the reply. 

I have done as you suggested. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tried clearing the pairing list on the headphones by pressing and holding the power button for a count of 10. 

The headphones now can pair with my laptop - a MacBook pro with the OS 10.11.6

But the headphones can no longer pair with my TaoTronics Wireless adapter device, which was working fine before the update.

Also not with Iphone 6.

When I try to use the Bose Music App on my iPhone 6, the screen reads "Select an Accessory" but remains blank. If I disconnect from my laptop Bluetooth, the Bose NC Headphones device does appear on the Bose Music app's device list, but when I try to connect, it always gives me the error message, "Connection Unsuccessful". It also makes my iPhone freeze and stop working, and I must power off and on again the entire phone to be able to use my phone, until I remove the app.

These data make me suspect that the latest version of the app is buggy and does not work with the iPhone 6 or the TaoTronics wireless adapter.

This loss of functionality is extremely frustrating. 

Please help!!

Julie

0 Likes
Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Calorierebel, 

We aren't able to assist with the compatibility of third-party adapters like you are using, as we are unfamiliar with the hardware/software they use and the associated codes/profiles/general abilities. I'd recommend reaching out to the supplier of the adapter for troubleshooting for it. 

For your iPhone 6, I'd recommend that we clear the Bluetooth pairing list of the headphones. To do this please power on your headset, then press and hold the power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear the Bluetooth device list cleared.

Once you have done this then remove/"forget" the headphones from the iPhone's general Bluetooth settings. Then open the Bose Music app and remove the headphones from your account. You can do this by going to  profile > manage devices > edit > select headphones > delete. Then please reconnect your device via Bluetooth. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

0 Likes
Ronak_gorel

Hello...

I have issue with Bose music app.

I have a 700 series bundle and I’m open a app I can see soundbar but when I clink on sound bar then popping massage “wait few mins update app” since two weeks ago . Still not updating 

whenever I open app same situation .

could u help me becoz I can’t control equalizer 

0 Likes
Ronak_gorel

47578757-C6A0-4312-9EA9-93B967423582.jpeg

Hello...

I have issue with Bose music app.

I have a 700 series bundle and I’m open a app I can see soundbar but when I clink on sound bar then popping massage “wait few mins update app” since two weeks ago . Still not updating 

whenever I open app same situation .

could u help me becoz I can’t control equalizer 

0 Likes
Keith_L

Hi Ronak_gorel,

As the app is showing the soundbar as updating, is the lightbar scrolling left to right, or right to left, to show the soundbar is updating as well? If it is just the app showing the soundbar as updating and no lights are showing on the system then the soundbar may not actually be updating currently.

If that is the case try resetting the soundbar by disconnecting it from power for at least 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot. If the light bar on the soundbar is scrolling to show it is updating, do NOT unplug it as this can cause further issues.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

0 Likes
KindofBlue
Participant

What is the difference between the "Bose Music" app and the  "SoundTouch" app, which is what I have installed on my phone? Thanks

0 Likes
Tegan_M

Hi @KindofBlue

The Soundtouch app is for our SoundTouch products and the Bose Music app is for our Smart Home Products

Let us know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes
KindofBlue
Participant

Thanks, it seems that some of your speakers, are classified as SmartHome products. Do you have a separate category of SoundTouch speakers? I'd like to avoid getting caught up in using two different apps for two different kinds of Bose product lines. Thanks

0 Likes
KindofBlue
Participant

I can turn on Pandora via the SoundTouch app with the wireless link adapter. I can select whatever music on Pandora I want to listen to. But when I'm leaving the room and close the SoundTouch app, the music keeps playing. The SoundTouch app is definitely closed on my phone and the Pandora app is not open. Why/how does the music keep playing?

0 Likes
Keith_L

Hi KindofBlue,

There are two families of speakers that can connect to the Wi-Fi the SoundTouch speakers which use the SoundTouch app and the newer Smart Home speakers which use the Bose Music app

When you are listening to music through your Wireless Link Adapter, the SoundTouch app acts as a remote control for it. You can start and stop the music from the SoundTouch app without needing to keep the app open! The Link Adapter will stream the music over the Wi-Fi network directly from Pandora, or any other music service you have connected, until you tell it to stop from the SoundTouch app. It does this straight from Pandoras servers through the internet, rather than streaming audio from the app or phone like a Bluetooth connection would.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes