Bose Music App Update – 4.1.1 - September 29th, 2020

Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

Wayne_M_0-1601393125833.png
On September 29th, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled. iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. Android users will have to wait till their device becomes part of the roll out. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.  

Version Information

• iOS and Android: 4.1.1 

Release Notes

Bug Fixes

Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.

New products!

Support has been added for the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds, Sport Earbuds and Bose Frames Tenor, Soprano, and Tempo.

Improved iOS14 Lan Permission Prompt

Users will only be asked for LAN permission in app when needed.

Android

Added an Inbox to the app to keep you in the know.

Compatible OS versions  

• Android: 6.0 and up 
  • iOS: 12 and up 
12 Comments
Advocate
Advocate

Connection issues (again). On the previous version I had no issue to connect headphones, every time when opened the Music app.

Now, searching, and searching, and searching..not connected - 'something went wrong', and over and over again...

Sometimes EQ Button is not working:

eq_bug.JPG

Downloaded the new version but unable to access the settings menu just a circle and blank screen can you help 

0 Likes

Issue is after initially opening the Bose Music App on the landing page. There's two options Sign In or Bose Create Music. When either option is selected, it's endlessly loading. It's similar to the first comment in this thread by @madbooba that it is searching, searching, and searching. But instead here it's loading, loading, loading....I've left it trying to load for about 3 minutes. Presumably, it would stay loading. If I select anywhere outside of the "loading" window I get the same message first commenter received...."Hmm.....something went wrong...."

Specs: Android v.11 / Pixel 2 / Music App v. 4.1.1*

*Bose Music App -  in Google Play the App Info reflects v. 4.1.1 but reflects last updated on September 18, 2020

Bose Music App 1.pngBose Music App 2.pngBose Music App 3.png

0 Likes

It failed to auto update and I had to do it manually by deleting and reloading the App.  Why is there no "Check for Update" function within the App itself?

It finally got the iOS/iPadOS version working so that I can use the Soundbar for music once more. 

0 Likes
Advocate
Advocate

'Why is there no "Check for Update" function within the App itself?' - good question @DoninChippenham! Bose, don't you?

0 Likes

I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.0.1. I am unable to sign into the Bose Music app. When I click the "Sign In" button, a dialog box pops up (which covers the entire screen) and the only option is to "Cancel". The word "Cancel" above a line and there are no options below the line. I get the same choice if I click the "Create My Bose" button. This is very frustrating. Please assist.

0 Likes
Contributor

Same issue here.  I had to constantly quit the app and connect to my headphones with many familiars.  At some point the connection went through and the update began.  I was troubleshooting for about 45 minutes before it worked.    

0 Likes
Advocate
Advocate

Dear @bose Software Engineers Team,

I am a software engineer, and I would like to ask why instead of fixing bugs, you create new, more bugs with every update? Do you test your code before deployment?

FYI:
Previous version of Music app was almost perfect if comes to connection. Now, again I, and others have connectivity issues...😐

P.S.

Could some of you check, and compare 700 headphones noise cancelling level 10 on 1.3.1 and 1.7.0, and try to fix it please?

bose_mus_app_con_issue.JPG

0 Likes

I previously commented with an issue regarding the app. The issue: after opening the app, I had two option: create bose ID or sign in. When either option is selected, another window would window open that seems it would be loading. It would stay stuck in this window.....

I have the security app Bitdefender. After countless test runs including installing the first version which worked, I though that maybe the auto app scan from Bitdefender was somehow interfering. I use Bitdefender and Blokada for security. Anyway, i turned Blokada off and disabled almost everything with Bitdefender. Did a fresh install of the app and it is working.

0 Likes

I purchased the Bose Noise Cancelling Ear Buds.  I would like to use them with my MacBook Pro.  Will Bose Music app be available for the MacBook anytime soon.  I am unable to use the settings or controls for the earbuds without the app.

0 Likes

I  turned blokada off and disabled almost everything with Bitdefender.  Did a fresh install of the app and it is working.??  Upsers

0 Likes

Is there any planned firmware update to support more than 1 active bluetooth stream like QC30. Im not expecting dynamic cross device connectivity like apple AirPods but we will at least need device which can switch between mobile and laptop bluetooth connections.

0 Likes