Bose Music App Update – 4.2.4 – December 1st, 2020

Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

bose music.jpg

Starting on Dec 1st, 2020 a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled.  iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the roll out. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.   

Version Information

• iOS and Android: 4.2.4 

Release Notes

QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

For our newest QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds, you can now swipe up & down on the right earbud to change the volume. Simply turn on volume control in the Settings menu. 

Wayne_M_0-1606842145198.png

Wayne_M_1-1606842145206.png

How to enable volume control:

To activate this new feature, open the Bose Music app and follow these instructions:

1. Tap on the product tile from your My Products page
  2. Tap the Setting icon in the top right corner
  3. Navigate to the Control section
  4. Toggle Volume ON to enable on-product touch volume control

iOS

Deepen your connection to the world around you with Spotify for our Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones. Easily get the audio you want—and need—in an instant with a tap and hold on the right earcup. 

• In order to enjoy this feature, you must have installed firmware 1.8.2 as well as the latest Spotify app installed and be logged in. 

test1.pngtest2.png

Android

Improved our troubleshooting guides to help you get going faster. 

Bug Fixes

Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.

Compatible OS versions  

• Android: 6.0 and up
  • iOS: 12 and up 
35 Comments
Contributor

And nothing that Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II does not work with the Bose music app

Collaborator

The app is not available on Play Store for Android devices. Can you post a link to the apk?

Participant

This would be a welcome edition to the quiet comfort buds if it worked properly. Unfortunately most of the time it just activates Siri instead. 

Contributor

When can we expect the Android version to really be released?  iOS version is available for download from Apple's App Store, but the Play Store still only has 4.1.1.

There is no update for Android - Why ? I uninstall and install over again but still on 4.1.1 - this is truly frustrating and make no sense what so ever. I bought new buds but volume level is ridicules' low 

Contributor

FlyBHX - this was happening to me to at first because I wasn't swiping either fully enough nor fast enough.  A full quick swipe up or down works well!  Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Contributor

So, checking the Play Store via a web browser, there's no version # ("Varies with Device"), but it states updated 12/1/2020.  On my Galaxy 20+ (running Android 10), the Play Store still reports version 4.1.1 (updated 9/18/2020).  What gives?  If the new version has really been posted, please validate so it is also installable.  It does not sound like I'm the only one with this issue.

Participant

It seems that the Bose Music app is capable of passing not only control data (like Noise cancelling level), but also configuration data to the headphones, since (although I am on the exact same firmware version as before the app update) after updating the app to version 4.2.4 and connecting the Bose NC700 headphones inside the app, the stuttering when connected to multiple devices disappeared (I use mainly an iPhone and an iPad). Just as a side note, prior to the app update, the noise cancelling level in the headphones was always reported (if I recall correcly) with a longer message (e.g. noise cancelling 10), while now is reported with the longer message only once (after powering up the headphones), but for any subsequent push of the NC shortcut button (during the same power cycle) the message is shorter (e.g. ten). Had also an issue initially: when using the shortcut button on the left ear-cup for the noise cancelling level, the level was reported twice. However, this issue disappeared by itself after I used the conversation mode for a couple of times.

Edit: the stuttering is back after a short while, so Bose still has some work to do, hopefully soon.

0 Likes

Since no one from Bose is responding to this question asked by my fellow Android users, I will ask it again. WHEN can we expect this update to go live on the Play Store?

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

It's great to hear you are all so eager to get the latest version of the app! As mentioned in the initial post, iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. Due to how the Android update works, Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the roll out before you are able to download the latest version, but you will get it soon!

If you want to try and get the update now, you can always uninstall and reinstall the app from your phones, as customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.

I hope this helps!

I was using Bose Connect app and couldn't get my QC's to update, I deleted that app and installed the Bose Music latest app and problem solved, I now have the new update and can control my volume. 

David 

0 Likes

The update option appeared in Google play once I rebooted my phone.  I LOVE this!!!

Contributor

Thank you. This is a really nice feature and one that I have been missing. It is working perfectly for me.

0 Likes

I just updated the app on the Android phone this morning. But since then, when I make or receive calls, my headphone (700) automatically disconnects from the Call within a few seconds. Interestingly the headphone remains connected to my handset though.

I would request Bose to release a new update to fix this bug. 

Anyone else facing this problem? 

Contributor

Hello everybody. I have Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II. I installed Bose Music App and this app don't see my headphones. What I do wrong?

Hi all,

I'm glad to hear you're finding the new volume control feature with your Bose Music app settings!

To @MusicLover37 - The QuietComfort 35 II headphones will connect to your device using the Bose Connect app, not the Bose Music app. Visit the app store to download the Bose Connect app, then follow the instructions to get your headphones all connected. If you have any difficulties, feel free to reach out to the Bose Community for assistance.

0 Likes
Participant

Thanks for listening to your customers, the volume control works excellent!

0 Likes
Participant

App is not working since few days... can’t go in as get pop up that speaker is getting updated... that’s been happening since some time.. need to know if there is any permission settings that needs to be changed.. Didn’t expect issues like this with brand like Bose...

023F3C33-8B9A-40F4-B96E-B4FEC7A80341.png

0 Likes
Participant

All this, and I still can't disable noise cancellation on my 700's from the headphones. Good job, guys. Round of applause to the Bose Engineers. It's not like we haven't been asking for this feature since they were released. 

0 Likes

I have a bose 500 and it remained static in an update process and it does not allow me to restart it in any way the white line is continuously moving from left to right

0 Likes

Hi

Not finding any difference in  previous to 4.2.4 only the inbox is included in app. For sound bar 700 I am using 300 saround speakers is it worth to upgrade to 700 omini jwel speakers.

0 Likes

Ever since I updated the iOS app, my Bose 700s haven’t been connecting to the app. I’ve tried erasing the app and trying again but nothing. 

I has worked once but it wouldn’t connect my laptop and the phone at the same time. Ever since i disconnected the phone to use just my laptop, I haven’t been able to re connect. 

Has anyone else faced similar problems with connecting getting the app to connect to the their 700s?

0 Likes
Participant

I have a very strange experience with Bose700 headphones and iOS/MacOS
Not sure if its related to iOS14 or the new update 
But whenever I connect my headphone using the bose music app people are complaining that they can hear me on calls and that my voice sound low and as if I am talking underwater 
As soon as In delete the music app and connect them to my iPhone using regular iOS bluetooth settings everything seems to work much much better!
Anyone else experiencing this behavior as well?
I hope it is a software issue and not hardware 

0 Likes
Contributor

Hi guys, thanks for the update.

Do you plan to implement dark mode? And (most important, IMO) different EQ profiles for different music styles, and custom profiles as well? 

Thanks

Regards

0 Likes
Contributor

Also, what about displaying what BT codec is being used in the connection, like SBC or AAC? Just to check if the best codec is being used. I found it very useful when using other headphones from other companies. I use Linux and I can see that AAC is being automatically used when connected, but from my iPhone, I have no idea if AAC is being used or not.

Thanks

Regards

0 Likes

I have the 700 UC headphones and curious if there is a way within the Bose Music app to change the active stream manually when connected to 2 Bluetooth devices?  I have tried to stop music on the active device and then start on the 2nd device, but the music/sound will not play.  I need to first disconnect from the previous device and then start/stop the music.  Seems like there should be functionality in the app to be able to do this without disconnecting Bluetooth connections... 

0 Likes
Collaborator

updated my NC700 to the latest fw and bluetooth connection is far worse than the previous fw

i now have connection issues, cracks in the sound when using it as headset, sometimes i'm completely not understandable due to the poor sound quality... 

so is there a way to downgrade to the previous version cause this firmware which claims to be better at just that is in my experience far worse...

tia,

marc

0 Likes
Participant

I like that this feature has finally been added! I only wish that the increment was smaller. On my old Bose Soundsport Free buds, the volume increments were half of a single button push on my iPhone, but the new volume control on the QC buds is a full button push, which feels like less control. Would love at least the option to make the increment smaller. 

0 Likes
Participant

Updated my Bose Music app and finding that my app seems to have trouble finding my NC700 headphones without me signing out of the app and signing back in and also finding that my headphones are repeating the noise cancellation number twice when pressing the button on the headphones.  Mildly annoying. 

0 Likes
Participant

This might be obvious since they aren't mentioned, so I'm asking for the sake of asking. Will/does Bose Music App work with my SoundSport Free earbuds?

0 Likes

Hi @Jgeorg

Thanks for your question. The SoundSport Free headphones are not compatible with the Bose Music app, these require the Bose Connect app. 

0 Likes

I Have the new Quiet Comfort Ear Buds with the Charging Case. This displays 5 white LED lights. All the time when charging and when you first open and close the case. What is the purpose?

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

With the 5 case LED's lit, this indicates you have 80-100% battery charge. You can view other LED status meanings HERE.

0 Likes

For the Bose Music app on iOS, I think Bose engineers can add the widget features to allow users to quickly switch the headphone connection devices without opening the app.

0 Likes
Participant

Please Moderator the Bose QC35ii needs an equalizer feature. Focus on the lower freq boost and bass boost. This headphone has the potential. Many of us in the community wishes for it. +1 rep for the moderator who pushes this feature for us. You will be the community hero. Let's make this a reality.