Bose New Product: Home Speaker 300

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bose HS300.PNG

Controlled and configured with the Bose Music App, complete with all the features and capabilities of the Smart Speaker ecosystem, The Bose Home Speaker 300 has the best bass and overall best sound than any voice-controlled speaker its size on the market today.

Discover our newest Smart Speaker

9 Comments
Silent Starter

Hello 

i have a problem with my region, i own a bose 300 and bought it because of the alexa assist, did you fix the problem? 

If so, let me know how?

thank you my friend

Firaz

0 Likes
Silent Starter

Please help me with synchronizing alexa on my bose 300 in my region, i live in honduras, please tell me what to do or ill just return it 

Thank you

Firaz

0 Likes

Hello Firaz, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry but Alexa is not yet available on our speakers in Honduras. We are working around the clock to get it implemented in further countries. 

We will update the forums as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

0 Likes
Wistful Whisperer

Hello...My bose home speaker 300 is asking for an Update through the Bose Music app, but is on a loop, it didn´t let me go thrpugh the app and is not giving me the functionalities...could you please help me? 

0 Likes

Hello claumanov,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the update on your Home Speaker 300 and I would be happy to help with this.

When you have been trying to continue through the app, is the light bar on the speaker still scrolling across the front of the speaker? While the light is still scrolling the speaker will still be updating. This can take up to half an hour, depending on your internet speeds and the size of the update so it may just be a case of waiting for that update to finish.

If the update is not running correctly, you can manually try and start it with buttons on the speaker. If you press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume - buttons together for 10 seconds it should run any available updates for us.

Let us know how you get on.

Keith L 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi Keith, 

thanks for your answer...I tried to follow your advise pressing and holding the Bluetooth and Volume - buttons together and the line is crossing from the right to the left for over more than 3 hours, should i do something else? 

0 Likes

Hi Claumanov,

Thank you for trying that, I'm sorry to hear the update still doesn't seem to want to go through.

If the light is running right to left, it would appear that the speaker is having trouble downloading the update for us at this time.

There are a couple of things we can try in this situation. The first I would recommend is moving the speaker closer to your wireless router, so we can ensure we have the best possible signal to the speaker. 

It is also possible to update the speaker manually with a USB to Micro USB cable and a computer. You can find the instructions for this process at this link. It would be worth trying it this way if it still will not download as it means we can download using a different device and then transfer the file across with the USB cable.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

0 Likes
Wistful Whisperer

Hi Keith,

Still nothing with my Home Speaker 300.

Te speaker is at less than 1meter away from the router. I tried the manually updated and i failed when i tried to upload the file. what can i do? Please, help...

0 Likes

Hi claumanov, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that your issue still persists! 

Let's also try resetting the speaker, this can be done by turning off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. Once you have done this we can attempt the steps that Keith listed above to perform a manual update again, this can be done via these steps here

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

0 Likes