Bose New Product: Surround Speakers 700

Community Manager
Community Manager

SS700.PNG

On Thursday June 20th, we offer for sale our new Surround Speakers 700 package - a premium, high performance wireless rear speaker accessory for the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 speakers.

Please check out the product information pages and let us know if you have any questions!

93 Comments
asadi
Audible Advocate

How does the sound quality compare with the previously available surround sound speakers? Where can I find technical specification comparison details? Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello asadi,

Thanks for posting in the community. There is no difference in audio quality between the Virtually Invisible 300 and the Surround Speakers 700. However, the biggest difference is the 300 speakers have 180° sound projection and the 700 speakers have a full 360° sound projection. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

asadi
Audible Advocate

Good to know, thanks Zoe. What's the advantage of 360 degree sound projection especially since the rear surround speakers are somewhat directional and given their placement towards the back of the room there wouldn't be a need for the sound to travel further back?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru

I assume those are the speakers that come with the Bose 650?  It might be nice having the 360 degree sound for more encompassing surround sound and because not everyone sits between and exactly in front of the rear speakers.  If I didn't already have the Bose Nearly Invisible rear speakers, I would pick up a pair of these, but probably not worth upgrading IMHO.

asadi
Audible Advocate

These appear to come with Bose 650. I have the Bose Soundbar 700 and sub and was going to get the nearly invisibile rear speakers to complete the package when I noticed the newly released the surround speakers 700. Trying to figure out if these are worth the extra $200. Does the 360 degree sound over 180 degree worth the extra $200?

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Hi, It’s looks like you’re cleverly want to clear Inventory of Lifestyle 650 system OmniJewel satellite speakers. Since there are very less buyers who want to invest 4500 EUR, instead in much lower price you could best sounding Home Theater with Dolby Atmos , DTS-x or much more options. Nice tricks Bose. By the way it’s almost 5 years old design and smart move to fool customers buy selling non moving products inventory.🙄🙄😬😬😬 Same old product in new package. Legendary Bose good at marketing cheap product at high prices and artificial boosting values. What is the real benefit of not buying Bose Surround speakers and buying doubled 700 Surround speakers.
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

They do seem a littly pricey.  However, it would be interesting to hear them compared to the Bose Virtually Invisible rear speakers.  It's hard to see how they could be worth the price.

asadi
Audible Advocate

As per my cursory research (thanks jimgfitz on the lifestyle 650 pointer), the omnijewel speakers might have on sound stage edge over the virtually invisible speakers. I found it interesting that the regular surround jewel speakers, which come with lifestyle 600 and seems to be the basis of the virtually invisible speakers, come with 2 drivers that can be manually positioned to create a true 180ish degree sound projection. However, the virtually invisible speakers seem to come with a single driver. Having the two drivers with Bose sound engineering trickery to create unlimited surround sound focal points might be worth the extra $200 especially in my large rectangular living room. I'll have to see if I can get a comparative demo at my local Bose showroom.

I found this review rather interesting: https://nerdtechy.com/bose-lifestyle-600-650-review

tlswartz
Quiet Contributor

Hello,

When Playing music through a SoundTouch 300 Soundbar... will music play through the rear speakers? Specifically if I connect via Blue tooth from my phone to the soundtouch 300 sound bar and play a song from my music libary will the sound play on all three speakers?

0 Likes

Hello tlswartz, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I can confirm that when you connect to the soundbar via Bluetooth, this will play through all of the speakers. 

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be more than happy to help. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Tal81
Audible Advocate

Is it possible to have the current surround speakers set up in ADDITTION to these new ones?

There is a real market here for Bose to step up to 7.1

After all, if anyone wants to uograde, its a hassle selling their current rears, when it can further complement the system.

0 Likes

Hello Tal81,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It is not currently possible to add the extra surround speakers to create a 7.1 system.

However, I will be more than happy to pass along your feedback. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Bose Soundtouch 300 and Soundbar 500/700 do not support 7.1.

0 Likes
AAD
Audible Advocate

I purchased the Soundtouch 300 Soundbar along with 2 Acoustimass 300 and the Surround Speakers last month. I’ve been really happy with the system but last week decided to try to add an extra set of the Surround Speakers. When I first tried to connect the new Surround Speakers the system rejected them and they would not connect. However, when I turned the whole system off and turned it back on again, ALL the speakers connected (both Acoustimass plus all 4 surround speakers) and the sound was coming out of each speaker clearly and with no distortion. The system continued to work well like this for several hours that day but then when I tried it the following day (after shutting it down for the night) it no longer connected all 4 speakers properly. Now, every time I turn the system on it will connect the surround speakers randomly (i.e. sometimes 2 or 3 will connect, sometimes all 4 will connect, and it’s always different speakers that it selects. the 2 acousitmass 300 always connect properly). I know this was originally an issue with the Acoustimass 300 when you would try to connect 2 of them but that this issue was corrected with an update. I was just wondering if there will be a similar update so that 4 of the Surround Speakers can be used with the system without having this problem? Because when I do get the 4 speakers to connect, it sounds great!

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

No, the Bose Soundtouch 300 is a 5.1 system, not a 7.1 system.  You can connect a second subwoofer, so I guess you could say it is a 5.2 system.  Even if you could connect two sets of rear surround speakers, it would not be 7.1.  It would still be 5.1 with the same sounds coming out of two left and two right rear speakers.  It will not decode 7.1, but would down mix a 7.1 signal to 5.1.

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Hi Charlotte G, If It is possible to add the extra surround speakers to create a 7.1 Then I would be interested to buy 700 Surround speakers and add to Current Bose Surround speakers
0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

NO, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.  It is a 5.1 system if you have rear surrounds and bass module.  The Bose will not decode to 7.1 if you add 100 speakers.

0 Likes
AAD
Audible Advocate

Hello, can someone please tell me if the Bose Omni Jewel Table Stands & Floor Stands are compatible with the new Bose Surround Speakers 700?

asadi
Audible Advocate

@AAD correct, you can use the Bose OmniJewel speaker stands & mounts for the Bose Surround Speakers 700.

Hello AAD,

That's a great question! They are certainly compatible with the Bose Surround Speakers 700. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

AAD
Audible Advocate

Hi asadi, thank you very much!

0 Likes
AAD
Audible Advocate

Hello Charlotte_G, 

Thank you very much for your fast response! I just wanted to make sure as on the Bose website, it shows that the accessories for the new Surround Speakers 700 are the same as the accessories for the old Virtual Invisible 300 and Surround Speakers.

0 Likes
asadi
Audible Advocate

@AAD @Charlotte_G , it seems that the Bose website accessories data for Bose Surround Speakers 700 isn't updated or programmed correctly.

0 Likes
AAD
Audible Advocate

I'm glad I asked as I was about to order the wrong floor stands for the Surround Speakers 700.

Once again, thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Steven321 Go
Quiet Contributor

What floor stands to i need to buy with these 

0 Likes
asadi
Audible Advocate

Hi Steven321 Go, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

@asadi is correct. You will need to Omni Jewel Stands. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

0 Likes
dyzfnctional
Quiet Contributor

Are there any reviews on these OmniJewel surround speakers paired with SB 700 and bass module? I understand it’s fairly a new offer and hoping someone got a hold of them and tried can share experience?

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

They are the same speakers that are used with the Bose Lifestyle 650.  I prefer the Bose Soundtouch 300 with the Bose Virtually Invisible surround speakers to the Bose Lifestyle 650 with the OnmiJewel surround speakers.  They sound a little shrill to me.  I haven't heard them connected to the Bose Soundbar 700.

0 Likes
brl80211
Quiet Contributor

Just purchased and hooked up the new Surround Speakers 700 to my SB700 and Bass Module. After some restarts and tinkering around the speakers finally paired but surround tests were whacky....After troubleshooting I found that I needed to set the toggle on the wireless module to L for the Right Surround Speaker and R for the Left Surround Speaker. I am concerend because this is not correct per your own instructions so am not confident I am getting the full immersive experience, I definetely don't have the wires crossed or anything like that so wondering what is going on.

The only thing that comes to mind is I am using the OmniJewel Ceiling Brackets so the speakrs are hanging upside down since that's the only way they will mount...Could the reverse L and R settings be becasue of the speakers hanging upside down?

0 Likes
dyzfnctional
Quiet Contributor

i heard about that.. L is right and R is left.  someone posted that somewhere... other than that, how does it sound?

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Since you reversed the L & R setting to correct for the problem, you should be OK.  You are getting the full surround sound.

0 Likes
brl80211
Quiet Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I figured it was likely alright but I kept thinking I had missed something. 

Regarding sound....The sound coming out of them is not overwhelming so it can be tough to gauge but it is definetely surround sound. I read a post on another forum where Bose said these are the exact same quality audio as the smaller cube speakers but these are 360 sound vs. the 180 sound field on the cubes, I am not sure how much difference the 360 is making when they are ceiling mounted both near a wall. 

I just went into the app and adjusting the rear speakers up to + 100 audio and there is a notidcable differnence where I am hearing a lot more sounds so this may be the answer. After really listening for the last couple hours I think the quality of the Surround Speaker 700's may be getting diminished / underwhelmed by the massive amount of quality audio coming out of the SB700 and Bass Module. 

0 Likes
Dyzfnctional1
Quiet Contributor

Sounds like it isn’t worth $499?

0 Likes
dyzfnctional
Quiet Contributor

Guess I’m debating between $299 invisible or OmniJewel... these speakers will most likely be placed flush against the wall - same as my sofa. Not sure what differences that would make. 

0 Likes
brl80211
Quiet Contributor

Don't get me wrong,  they sound great but it's quite the price increase over the cubes.

Definitely a good idea to turn rear speaker volume up via the app.. Major improvement from default setting. Watched Stranger Things last night and some of the sounds were pretty incredible with rear speakers. 

Also for some reason the L and R channel were switched around this morning after having to apply the reverse setting last night to get them mapped right. Flipped stitches to their correct  L and R settings, today, re-ran adapt IQ and everything is perfect now.

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Sounds like maybe Bose issued a fix that was downloaded automatically to your device.

0 Likes
m9
Quiet Contributor

So disapointed to find that my buddy that works for microsoft bought the same bose system I did for $600 less just because he worked for Microsoft ...Feeling ripped off by Bose

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Why do you think Bose ripped you off just because someone else got a discount because he works for Microsoft?  Why don't you change jobs and get a job where you can receive a discount from someone on something you buy.

0 Likes
muralee
Quiet Contributor

Hi Bose....

any updates regarding soundbar 900 series 

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

What Bose Soundbar 900 series?

0 Likes
mspencer77sa
Quiet Contributor

Will you still continue to offer the standard Surround speakers or are they discontinued in place of these new Surround 700s? Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello mspencer77sa,

Thank you for your question! 

I can confirm that the Surround Speakers 700 are currently not in line to discontinue our previous Onmijewel surround speakers. 

I hope this helps!

Tegan M 

0 Likes
mspencer77sa
Quiet Contributor

Are these replacing the existing Virtual Surround speakers? The cubes? Thanks. 

0 Likes

Hello mspencer77sa,

The Surround Speakers 700 will not be replacing the Virtually Invisible 300 Surround speakers. 

I hope this helps. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

0 Likes
Chick.acastillo
Quiet Contributor

Can i add 4 bose 700 surround speaker with my Bose Sound Bar 700.

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

No.  And, why would you?  It's a 5.1 system, not a 7.1 system.

0 Likes
NCScooby
Wistful Whisperer

Purchased the complete Bose 700 Soundbar system including the 700 accessory surround speaker. Bought the universal Bose speaker stand with multiple applications for speakers, but don’t think these speakers actually fit on a stand. Any ideas? They fit nicely on the end tables but would work better a bit higher and behind the couch. 

0 Likes

Hello NCScooby,

Thanks posting and welcome to the community. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, if you purchased the Surround Speakers 700, then you need to have the accompanying OmniJewel stands. I have attached the links below for you:

OmniJewel Floorstands - https://bose.life/2BjwZYi

OmniJewel Tablestands - https://bose.life/2kA6FS1

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

NCScooby
Wistful Whisperer

Thanks so much Zoe! 

0 Likes