Bose New Product: Surround Speakers 700

Community Manager
Community Manager

SS700.PNG

On Thursday June 20th, we offer for sale our new Surround Speakers 700 package - a premium, high performance wireless rear speaker accessory for the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 speakers.

Please check out the product information pages and let us know if you have any questions!

93 Comments
Dyzfnctional1
Quiet Contributor

I’m still experiencing L = right and R = Left. I did the recommendation on unplugging the power cord from Soundbar and switch rear left to L and rear right to R then re-ran adaptiq but still wrong. Isn’t there a firmware update? What else can I do?

0 Likes

Hello Dyzfnctional1,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. 

Please contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily do what they can to assist you with this matter further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

I know this is a "work-around," but can you physically switch the location of the rear surrounds so you hear the sounds from the proper side?

0 Likes
Rbender69
Quiet Contributor

I also had a problem with the Bose app referencing the surround speakers opposite when running Adaptiq.  I flipped the switches on the receivers so the left was for the right and the right was for the left. It then played correctly when running Adaptiq but didn’t sound right when listening. I played a 5.1 test on YouTube and the surround speakers were playing opposite of what they should. Switched the receivers back to the correct position and then it sounded great. I figured Adaptiq might not have them set up to sound right since they were referenced backwards so I unplugged the Soundbar for a few minutes. Plugged it back in and added the sub and surround speakers. Ran Adaptiq and now they are referenced correctly and sound great. I use Avater about 33 minutes in when he’s surrounded by the wild dog things. 

0 Likes
mspencer77sa
Quiet Contributor

Is the switching of L and R a problem just for Soundbar 700 users with the Bose Music App or is it affecting Soundtouch users also?

0 Likes
brl80211
Quiet Contributor

So with the switching of the L & R mine was like that for the first day but after some tinkering was fixed, at the time I wasn't sure why. I think at some point I swapped the wireless/power recievers for each speakers and that may be what fixed it so is worth a try...Don't swap toggle switches, leave L & R set to whichever recieve it is on now, just change which speaker you have plugged into each reciever brick. 

0 Likes
generalzod
Friendly Fanatic

Will this be available for Australian consumers??

0 Likes

Hello generalzod,

Thanks for getting in touch, at the moment the speakers are only available in the US; there is no new information on release dates in Australia.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

0 Likes
sanghiraghav
Audible Advocate

700 rear speakers sound like a waste if there’s no sound quality difference between vi300. Same goes with the 700 sound bar. No innovation in the new product yet a much higher price. Please don’t try to sell the sound bar with added treble functionality. both 700 products sound like a rip off. My assumption is either some exec retired or there’s no room for innovation in hose products. Extremely disappointed. 

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

I think they just took the surround speakers from the Bose Lifestyle 650 and offfered them up for the Bose Soundbar 700 at an exagerated price compared to the Virtually Invisable surround speakers.  Unless you need the 360 degree sound, I prefer the VI speakers.

Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

Hi Can someone help, Ive bought the Bose Surroud 700 speakers to go with my soundtouch 300 and AM300, it all sounds amazing and it has made a huge different to the sound, BUT, i have also bought the Omnijewel floorstands and they won't work with the Surround 700 speakers, i have go through two sets of floorstands now and can't get them to work. The speakers work with the brackets they come with, won't won't work with the brackets that come with the floorstands?? Any ideas

0 Likes

Hi Hockers, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues fitting your speakers to the floor stands and would highly recommend that you check out this video here for a how-to guide on how to set the stands up! 

Please update us on the result of this! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

0 Likes
Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

Hi, ive watched this video before, ive tried it a few times now, as i said this is the second set of stands, and both won't work with the bose surround 700 speaker, i have seen this problem on this site (in this thread) 

I've found the helpline to be completely useless to be honest, i can't get anywhere with them, don't understsnd what am trying to explain, and clearly reading from a script.

Am pretty good with electronics, it is clearly the adaptors that come with the stands. The adaptors that come with the speakers work absolutly fine.

m not sure where to go with this, any suggestions, can your engineering section be spoken too to see if this has come up with the Surround 700 speakers and the stands?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Are you sure you have the correct speaker stands and not ones for the Virtually Invisible speakers?

0 Likes
Headybow
Friendly Fanatic

Hi I had the same issue where the adaptors were the issue of not connecting to the speaker 700 wireless properly. This is what I did. I got Bose to exchange the wireless speaker 700 for me and following my next tried again, it worked this time. The issue is indeed is the adaptors that come with the stand. One thing I noticed is that Bose customer service couldn't help but exchange the stand but I noticed that no amount of stands you received from Bose will resolve the issue. I will suggest to get Bose to exchange your speakers for you and give it a try again. Remember that when adding that stands adaptors, make sure they are securely fitted and listen to make sure there is sound before you start to secure the screws to the adaptors. I also noticed that one of the adaptors in the Box which isn't working is loose so what I did was to secure it together with a glue before adding on the screws on to the speakers. I know it's a long winding process but it worked for me in the end. Thought it was frustrating to get to work, I can say everything is fine and I'm happy with it.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru

If the adapter is the problem, how does exchanging the speakers solve that?  Maybe someone can, in a few words, explain what is going on here.

Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

Bose, any comment here? it seems like its a problem for others as well, ive seen at least 4 people mention this now? will i be able to swap them? the speakers to see if they work.

what would you recommend doing, and am not ringing up the customer services, they just dont get it 

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out.

I've been looking into this to try and find out what's happening for you.

To clarify that I've got this correct, when you have the original (Speaker) adapter plates [these connect from the rear of the adapter] connected to the receiver module, you are able to connect to, and use the speakers.

When you are using the adapter plates that come with the floor stands [these connect from the underneath of the adapter] you are not able to hear any audio at all.

If this is correct, can I ask that you have checked that the plates on the adapter line up with the plates on the surround speaker before screwing this in place?

Please let me know if I am mistaken with this.

Liam W

Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Instead of asking customers more questions, can someone at Bose simply look at the adapters that are included in the speaker stand kit and see if they are correct for connecting to these speakers?  It seems like Bose NEVER answers questions, just asks more questions.

Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

Bose, yes you are correct the adaptor plates that come with the speak stands, do not work at all. that adaptors you get with the speakers work fine.

can you please advised on a fix? am satwith very expensive speakers and stands that i cant use together??

0 Likes

Hi Hockers, 

Thank you for following up. This is a strange issue. 

Can you confirm which speaker stands you have purchased to make sure you have the correct one? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

0 Likes
Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

Can we start to get some answers now please, you obvously haven't read the posts correctly!! Omni Jewel floorstands with Bose surround 700 speakers! 

Seems to be a recurring problem, i have a set of stands i can do nothing with, can we have a solution and not questions, which have already been answered in the post.

I love bose products, but the customer service aftersales have become more that difficult...come on bose please, dont disapoint me 

samir india
Quiet Contributor

Hi Anne_S,

When surround 700 speaker is going to launch in India. Presently my audio system consist of soundbar 700 and bas module 700, will it be able to give more justification to the present sound quality in standard size room of 12 by 14 feet.

Regards

Samir

0 Likes
Gamal.karim
Quiet Contributor

I have the ST 300 and just bought the 700 surround speakers. Based on the web reviews I found some comments saying that connecting the speaker to the sound bar 700 will produce a better sound and experience than connecting the new speakers to ST 300. Is that true? I was under the impression that both bars are the same intermaof sound quality but there saying that the sound bar 700 with the new surround speakers produce better sound due to software updates available for the 700 series. Is this true? 

0 Likes
VicVicVic
Friendly Fanatic

I have been waiting for a response from Bose regarding whether the OmniJewel Floorstands will fully work with the 700 Surround Speakers. I know they're supposedly compatible, but a lot of the comments in this thread worry me. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of Bose product in the last year alone, but don't wanna waste money on the 700 Surround Speakers and the OmniJewel Floorstands if they don't fully work with each other. Thank you.

Hello Gamal.karim and VicVicVic,

Thank you for messaging the community. I would love to do what I can to assist you with these matters. 

@Gamal.karim We recommend in exercising caution when observing reviews regarding audio quality as this is primarily down to personal preference. We recommend in your set up running the ADAPTiQ process which will calibrate your speakers to work accordingly with your living space. If you are unsure on how to go forward with this please follow this link.  From performing this you can adjust your speakers levels accordingly to your preferences if you would like to alter this further.

@VicVicVic I can confirm that the OmniJewel Floor Stands are compatible with the Bose Surround Speakers 700. 

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Tegan M 

tcoury
Quiet Contributor

can the 700 speakers be simply placed on a table, or is a stand required? also, omnijewel table stands compatable with the 700's?

0 Likes

Hi there @tcoury and welcome to the Bose Community.

As noted above by @Tegan_M, we can confirm that the OmniJewel Floor Stands and table stands are compatible with the Bose Surround Speakers 700. 

You don't need any kind of stand to use these speakers though, and you can place these anywhere in a room provided you have the space to securely do so! If you choose to do this, please take care to ensure that there is no risk of the product falling or being moved unintentionally and causing damage to your product.

I hope this answers your questions, and please let me know if you have any others!

Liam W

0 Likes
Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

Well ive been waiting for a reply, but i have a update for you, i took back my Bose Surround 700 speaker and got them changed for a new set, did the same with the omni jewel stands and guess what, the Bose Surround 700 speakers do not work again.

am thinking of doing what another person mentioned when exactly the sae thing happened to him, am gonna have to cut into the stands and retro fit the orginal speaker mounts, instead of the ones supplied with the stands.

Disappointed to say the least, spend a lot of money on this system and to have this happen is a little annoying

0 Likes
Xyz987
Gabby Guru

Maybe you could post a picture of your speakers, stands, and adapters and someone here could figure out what the heck is going on.

0 Likes
gerald.twum@gmail.com
Wistful Whisperer

Hi All,

Can you advise what is the latest update on the Bose 700 HDMI ARC please? Been reading a few threads about an ongoing issue when you connect your TV with ARC output. I am yet to setup my bose system but was curious to know if there is anything I should be aware.

My setup is :

Bose 700 Soundbar

Bose 700 Subwoofer

Bose surround sounds

SamsungQLED 65inch

0 Likes
Dhimrock
Quiet Contributor

When are these Surround 700 speakers supposed to launch in India. I am holding on to buy the same vs the existing virtually invisible ones

0 Likes

Hi Dhimrock, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

At the moment we do not have any information regarding the release of the Surround Speakers 700 in India. I would recommend checking back with the website HERE for the most accurate information. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

0 Likes
Hockers
Friendly Fanatic

So after three sets of floor stands and two sets of bose surround 700 speakers am left with still the speakers not working with the omni jewel speakers stands. 

So I've had to drill the back of the floor stands to feed the speaker wire out, then I've had to cut into the mounts that come with the stands, the reason I've cut into the stands is so the speaker cable can make contact with the contacts on the bottom of the 700 unit. 

Very disappointed with bose and the fact I've had to retrofit the stands and mounts to get them working. 

I love bose products  BUT your after sales customer service is a joke now since you've out sourced it!! 

0 Likes
Dhimrock
Quiet Contributor

Jessie, thanks for confirming they are not available outside US.  I really feel these are better vs the current surround speakers. 

3 questions. 

1. From India, can I buy omni jewelers speakers and will they behave like surround 700 with my bose 700 soundbar?

2. From US, if I get these in India, will i need a step down voltage converter

Can you send a couple of pictures . If the box contents especially the wireless receiver and the power cords. Assume most bose systems are ready for global use.

3. What is the typical lag in launching global products in India. There would be a launch plan or like someone mentioned these are just for moving unsold inventory in us? I would like to wait If these are getting launched 

0 Likes

Hello Dhimrock,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

To answer your questions: 

1. You cannot purchase these speakers on their own to be compatible with the Soundbar 700. 
  2. The power rating for the Surround Speakers 700 is Auto-sensing 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz. 
  3. We try our best to make all products available in all regions, although I am unable to confirm if and when they would launch in India. 

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

0 Likes
vineryap
Friendly Fanatic

Hello, when is this going to be sell in Japan? or is it possible to purchase it from outside Japan and ships it here?

0 Likes

Hello vineryap, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

At this time we do not have any information regarding the Surround Speakers 700 being sold in Japan, I would recommend keeping an eye on your regions website regarding new product releases in your region. In regards to purchasing outside of your region, we can not guarantee this will be successful as this may result in rejected payment as you are not located in the correct region as the website. 

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

0 Likes
antonyhanzo
Wistful Whisperer

Hi all

can I connect 2 soundlink revolve as speakers of the Bose Soundbar 700 system and use them as rear speakers?

(like Sonos works)

thanks

0 Likes

Hi antonyhanzo, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to the community today. 

This isn't something that can be done with the Soundbar 700. The only speakers that are currently available and can be added to be used as rear speakers are the Surround Speakers and the Surround Speakers 700

If you have any other questions about your Soundbar 700 or any of our other products please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

0 Likes
Ricdan83
Quiet Contributor

Hey @Bose 

I have the SoundTouch 300. I understand a lot of the configuration users above mention is done via the Bose Music app which isn't compatible with Soundtouch 300 - Will I still be able to access the configuration for these speakers via the soundtouch app?

0 Likes

Hello Ricdan83, 

Thanks for your question, welcome to the community. 

When you state 'configuration' do you mean in terms of connecting the speakers to your setup? If so, you do not need the SoundTouch app in order to connect your Surround Speakers 700 to the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. You can find instruction on how to connect your speakers here.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

0 Likes
vineryap
Friendly Fanatic

Hello, can someone explain in details why it’s better to buy the Surround Speakers 700 rather than the Virtually Invisible 300?

And what is 360 degree projection impact in the Soundbar 700 surround system?

Will it play a role just in case Bose upgrades the audio tech for Soundbar 700 such as Dolby TrueHD or Atmos?

I just need a good reason before purchasing it.

0 Likes