Bose + abode

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

abode3.png

Hi everyone,

We're happy to share that on Thursday August 6th, our partner Abode released a new integration with Bose Smart Home speakers and soundbars for their home security systems. With this integration Abode system owners are now able to control Bose products as part of CUE automations. Specifically, you'll be able create automation Actions that send an audio notification, start or stop music, or turn off the products you choose to configure.

Some potential automations include:

1. Assigning unique chimes to each door/window sensor in your home so you immediately know what was opened and closed
  2. Bolstering the sound of your alarm by creating an automation to loudly sound your Bose speakers when your alarm is triggered
  3. Welcoming yourself home after work by disarming your alarm, unlocking your doors, and starting your favorite preset

Abode system owners can enable this ability via the integrations section of the Abode web and mobile apps. Learn more about this integration on Abode's website here, or check out these FAQs.

5 Comments

Hi,

can anyone help Google cant accesses my Spotify account, have set it all up but Google responds with that Bose and Google Assist have to be linked.

0 Likes
Jessie_O

Hey there, 

Thank you so much for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues whilst using Google assistant and Spotify. I'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction! 

I would recommend reading the thread LINKED HERE and follow the troubleshooting steps. This should improve your issue.

Let me know how you get on! 

0 Likes
Andyd21_8

hello will this work without the internet i do not have wifi, i run my computer tethering through my phone because my phone internet is faster than broadband in the uk so no point in broadband with wifi. so i can i connect using Bluetooth instead?

no offence if not then this is a very stupid thing to make if the internet crashes witch it will no sound at all?

0 Likes
Charlotte_G

Hey @Andyd21_8, thanks for posting! 

I do understand your concern, but It's not possible to connect the systems locally via Bluetooth. This integration requires an internet connection to trigger automation. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes
Andyd21_8

ok but its not going to last, its a silly format. they have already said its all going to change with mobile phones and it already has, put it this way with the way its running from phones who seriously need the home telephone number for?? apart from extra cost of a slower company providing with slow internet, ? also even saying saying now they are going to transfer over to satalite dishes instead so no offence why dont you just little to what people are saying and stop making rubbish and make a product thats already up to date your just making old products so you can charge now for this rubbish even though you should already be making this and should of already be told these things but try and hold it back move forward forward faster or i suppose i could make a better company myself.

0 Likes