New Lead Community Manager Introduction

Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Wayne and I’m the new Bose Lead Community Manager. I’m very excited to join this awesome community and I look forward to getting to know all of you more!

A little bit about myself. I was born and raised in Massachusetts and attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst where I graduated with a B.A. in English. I’m an avid gamer, passionate reader and writer, loving husband, and an even more loving father. My taste in music is best described as “adventurous”, and yes, my preferred brand of anything audio equipment is Bose.

My goal is to make sure that our community is one where conversation is encouraged and helping one another is celebrated. You’ll continue to see our wonderful Community Managers and Moderators around the board as they support the community and help answer questions. We want to foster positive communication and make our community a place where everyone can feel welcome and find the answers they are looking for. To that end, make sure to check out our updated Community Guidelines.

I want to know what matters most to you, so please let me know in our Forum Feedback & Requests board. What content would you like to see in our community? How can I help make your experience better? What can I do to make sure the Bose Community is a place you look forward to coming every day?     

I’m excited to get started and do this together!

Thanks!

-Wayne

2 Comments
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz

Hi Wayne - Congratulations on your new role.

I want to know what matters most to you, so please let me know in our Forum Feedback & Requests board. What content would you like to see in our community? How can I help make your experience better? What can I do to make sure the Bose Community is a place you look forward to coming every day?     

The answer to these questions would be for Bose to provide the community with more frequent and comprehensive updates - what's being worked on, when can we expect it, etc.  Not just the generic, and meaningless "when we have more information to share with the community, we will" response.  And also for customer feedback and feature requests to a) receive some sort of response beyond "we'll be sure to pass your suggestion along to the development team!" which has pretty much been Bose-speak for "we're going to completely ignore this", and b) for at least some of the suggestions to actually be acted upon.  Otherwise, these forums are pretty much just customers asking the same questions over and over again about the same issues that never get fixed, and requesting the same basic, missing features over and over again that never seem to get added and about which Bose maintains radio silence. 

Bach-Holst
Audible Advocate

Get some valid information regarding AirPlay2 for soundtouch, we have been promised this for 2 Years. And still no information. You are losing customers by the day because of you lack of information. In my opinion, it's because you will not admit that you failed, and cannot deliver. So the rest of US could switch from BOSE to another brand.