Update! Bose Music App- August 20th 2020

Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

bose music.jpg

Update! 8/20/20

Starting on August 20th, Bose will begin a staged roll out to all Android users for the Bose Music App. This update will automatically happen through the Google Play Store, but only for users who have auto-updates enabled.

Some Android users will not see the update immediately and will have to wait till their device becomes part of the roll out, however you can uninstall and reinstall the app to get the latest version. Additionally, all customers downloading for the first time will get the new app. 

Version Information:

• Android: 3.5.7

Release Notes:

• Fixes an issue where the app would unexpectedly close.

Original Post 8/4/20

Starting on August 4th, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled. iOS customers what wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. Android users will have to wait till their device becomes part of the roll out. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app. 

Version Information

• iOS: 3.5.5
  • Android: 3.5.6 

Release Notes

• Controlling your NC 700 Headphones is now easier than ever. We’ve redesigned the product home screen to have quick links to the features you use the most, like a new Noise Cancellation slider!
  • The ‘Now Playing Screen’ on the home page has been updated and can now able to be accessed using a simple ‘thumb swipe’.
  • We added a button in the account setting menu to allow customers who contact customer service to manually send logs.
    • This feature is not available for Android 5 and below users.
  • An opt out of mobile application data collection has been added to the account settings menu. This will allow you to opt out of diagnostic data collection as well as app usage data.
    • Please note that opting out of this will disable sending app logs to Bose.
  • A few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy.

Compatible OS versions  

We have removed support for Android 5 and iOS versions 10 and 11. See additional details here.

• Android: 6.0 and up 
  • iOS: 12 and up 

41 Comments
Contributor

The app looks nicer now. I wonder, isn’t possible to add music control (like next/previous) in the ‘Now Playing’ screen, for a next version?

I just wanna know when on earth we are going to get the equaliser option back for the Bose 700.
As that option was a game changer and make the headphones worthwhile.

I’d also like to have an option within the Bose music app to be able to select a dark theme and not just have a light theme. 

Collaborator

Any problems solved?

Especially BT strability (app not able to detect NC 700 when BT menu of Iphone says it is connected)

Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestions here regarding the app! I'll be sure to pass them along.

@smith108 if you're having trouble detecting your NC 700s make sure your firmware and iOS version are up to date. You can also find some steps here that may help. If you're still having difficulty, contact support at http://bose.life/globalsupport and we'll be happy to look into it!  

0 Likes
Collaborator

@Wayne_M  everyting is up to date. If you follow the forum you can see that a lot of users are complaning about this

Participant

When are you guys going to fix the toggling through the noise cancelling, such that it does not ALWAYS go in descending order?  For example, if I try to set it to 10 - 0 - 5, it always sets it to 10 - 5 - 0.

The other Bose employee on here said they were "unable to reproduce" that issue, which is either a flat out lie or gross incompetence.  I've literally reproduced it on 8 different pairs on 3 different phones (iPhone Xs Max & 2x iPhone XR).

Participant

I’m running Android 10 on a Pixel 2 XL in Germany, but the update isn’t available in the play store. Why’s that?

0 Likes
Contributor

@ArchieT same here. I don't have it either. Im in the Netherlands, Android 10 Realme X2 pro

0 Likes
Collaborator

@Wayne_M 

I just found something weird.

I have the NC 700

When changing the NC level (both on the app and the headphones), the new level is voice acknowledged twice.

When I force close the Bose Music app (latest version) on my Iphone it's working OK

Anyone else facing this as well?

Participant

@smith108 I have this issue also. Not a game changer, just silly. Everything else is working great. Been using Teams, Skype, Zoom, between a Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, Pixel. The connection behaves as it should. 

0 Likes
Participant

How do I update the app which I use on my iPhone.

the current version says 3.4.1

i have the latest iOS on my iPhone 

cant see any place where it says check for software update 

0 Likes
Participant

@Xshay421  i have samsung note 10 with auto update, and 3.4.1 is up to date. Blinded, one handed programmer that cant receive his passport back, doing his best. don't complain about product for 400$ it's cheap as **bleep**.

0 Likes
Participant

app still does not work correcty for 700 headphones whereas the droid one does

0 Likes
Contributor

@Xshay421  I had to go to the App Store and search for the Bose Music app to update my app, even though I had my device set for automatic update.  It then downloaded it fine. 
HTH

0 Likes
Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager

@HiFi80sMan Sorry to hear about your previous interaction, but I did look into this, was able to repro, and confirmed this is the intended behavior. I will definitely pass along your interest in having it changed to not always default to descending order!

If you are having difficulty getting the update definitely please try the steps @GeoffC47 posted above.  Android users may need to wait for the update to become available to them, so thank you for your patience.

@smith108 , @DocTaH and anyone else who is hearing changes in noise cancellation announced by the voice prompt twice, can you please give us some more details? You may have already included some of this but what we're looking for is:

• Bose product model      
  • Bose product firmware version 
  • Bose app version             
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took

Thanks!

0 Likes
Participant

the volume is still loud when you switch on the soundbar. I would like when the soundbar switches off that the volume level goes to soft. if I now turn on the soundbar, the volume is way too loud. have already put this on the forum but there is no longer a response to this.

0 Likes
Participant

The sound bar 700 and base tube base has increased too Much post the new ap update !

its just wired and it’s not sounding as good , I had to keep the base at 20 vs 70/80 earlier as it was echoing too much !

can any one help. I have the sound bar 700 and base tube 700

0 Likes
Participant

19035CB0-B456-493D-887D-90D25B0DB910.jpeg

•  Yes 

Have one more question , what’s the best position for the base tube , at the moment I have kept it next to the sound bar on the floor 

0 Likes
Contributor

As written I have uninstalled and installed and I have the new version. Sorry for not reading well @Wayne_M 

Participant

Will this app works with the Soundtouch 30 1st gen and the S1 pro system (thinking about buying the S1 pro or the F1) Or better yet what product are supported, thanks in advance.

0 Likes

This has to be the most useless app on my iPad. I can’t get my pair to connect despite reconnecting to the wifi. How can it be so hard?

Hi @Rvasq72,

The Bose Music app is not compatible with our SoundTouch products or the S1 pro. Our SoundTouch products utilise the Bose SoundTouch app, and the S1 Pro uses the Bose Connect app. 

If you would like to view what products are supported on Bose Music, please click this link for our compatible speaker products. You can also use the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 with this application. 

If you have any further questions do let us know.

0 Likes
Participant

Ever since I updated to the newest version of the app, my headphones show up as "Not available" from within the app. I was able to access the headphones from the app right before the update but now it doesn't work. I have the latest 1.5.1 headphones version (which by the way still causes stuttering all the time when connected to multiple devices) and the latest iOS app version. I tried forgetting the device and reconnecting through the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone but the headphones still show up as "Not available" in the app.

0 Likes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@Wayne_M - a few comments about the updated app (Android).

(1) The redesign looks nice, having features on the main screen is appreciated

(2) Connection to the app seems to have regressed significantly. I'd estimate that I get a connection in 1 out of every 8 to 10 tries whereas with the previous two app versions my connections were 1 per 2 or 3 tries. And once I do get a connection, it's almost immediately lost. (Or worse, my headphones go through the still occurring buzz/reboot defect).

(3) Most annoying new feature: announcing the Noise Cancellation level. Why did the UI designers feel this was necessary? The NC level is shown as a bar and visible on the main screen. All this does is interrupt the music I'm streaming and annoy the heck out of me. I don't need to hear the NC setting. And I don't want to use the workaround of disabling voice prompts. Please remove this useless feature. There is NO reason to announce the noise cancellation setting when I can see it.

I'm at the point where I regret my purchase. The headphones reboot, the app rarely connects and your UI designers fail to think of the consequences of some feature they think was a good idea. All I ask for as a customer is a set of noise cancelling headphones that work reliably.

Participant

After the upgrade to 3.5.5 I cannot access my Bose devices anymore on my iPhone (v13.6).  The app works on my iPad without any problem (also v3.5.5). 

I can see the devices on my phone, but when tapping the devices it doesn’t access the device. It makes a bounce animation when trying to select. 

I tried uninstalling the app, logging out and in again, rebooting the phone, power cycling the Bose devices....

I only recently bought a whole set of Bose speakers, and software problems keep happening.... this is not a very nice first experience with Bose. I thought I bought a premium brand....

Participant

Setup seems to be effected with this release, at-least what I believe from my experience , I had to manually force Bluetooth Low Energy Connection to the headphones with an external app and then perform the complete setup with the Bose Music App. 

0 Likes

The app looks pretty good. But again there is no equalizer, maybe in the next versions it will appear? And how do you like this idea - it would be great to be able to block touch controls from the application, it would be easier to lie on the plane with headphones on. And I would like to add various music services that are available in the phone to the application and manage them from the application. 

I have the New IOS update. For some reason I am hearing static every time I’m  dowsing through different apps and search engines in my iPhone. I did not have this issue before this new update. Please advise. 

0 Likes
Participant

I am coming back to my connectivity issue posted yesterday. After the app upgrade on my iPhone I couldn’t access the Bose products from the app. On the iPad everything worked as expected. 

today I disconnected the Bose Soundbar  700 from a wired internet connection and hooked it up on WiFi. Suddenly the app on the iPhone worked as it should. 

mmmmmm.  

0 Likes

The firmware upgrade is not possible from the 1.3x directly. The update software only works if you had 1.4x. Bose please adjust your online update software (via USB) to recognize the older firmware on the NC 700. Currently just says up to date while running 1.3x. Not allowing it to go to 1.5x. 
Frustrating. 

0 Likes

Ever since this update there’s no way to group speakers I just get a constant c3 error message. I’ve reset the internet connection and done a factory reset on all 5 speakers but nothing. Whole point of these was to have music all over the house and they are now useless. Wasted two days trying to resolve this am fuming!

0 Likes

Hey @Myles, welcome to the Bose Community! I'm really sorry that you've not been able to group your speakers since the latest Bose Music app update.

You've performed some great steps with the router reboot and restoring factory defaults to your speakers. Could you please also try deleted the Bose Music app and reinstalling it?

Should the issue persist, please get back to us and we'll be happy to assist with resolving this.

0 Likes
Participant

@Wayne_M  hey Wayne any update if the battery indicator issue is fixed ? 

0 Likes

After upgrading app to 3.5.5 I cannot access my Bose home 500 speaker anymore on my iPhone iOS 13.6. from android tab it is working fine.

from iPhone app I can see the device , but it is always unavailable.

I tried uninstalling the app, logging out and in , rebooting iPhone, turn off/on speaker , reset Wi-Fi on speaker, factory reset and still nothing also i tried different iPhones.

any idea ??

0 Likes
Participant

I have just purchased a Sound Bar 500 and 500 Bass Module. I have download the Bose Music App and connected the sound bar. I am trying to connect the Bass however when I try to go into the Soundbar in the app. It is Installing Update. it has been doing that for an hour so far. The wifi is connected and the sound bar is connected to the TV and is working. The app version is 3.5.5

0 Likes

The android app is rubbish, as per usual.  My headphones are connected (I know because I'm listening to music from my phone) but the app says "disconnected".  The app shows other devices connected when they are not, yet when I try to "disconnect" them via the app I get an error message. Even though the app shows 2 devices connected (even though one is not connected) I can sometimes (if I'm lucky) connect another device by joining from that device rather than via the app. etc. etc.

I can't believe it can be so hard to write a phone app to connect a bluetooth device, but Bose have had many attempts over the past 12+ months and aren't even close yet.

If I could request one feature, it would be a way to control which device is connected via the headphones themselves.  Every time you push a new app to me I need to relearn how to work around whatever the app is incapable of doing this time around.

0 Likes
Participant

before it was updated the settings on the app used to enable me to cancel out the noise that others could hear when I am talking to them.  

However, the new app update has taken this function away and I can no longer adjust the background noise that those I am speaking to can hear.
Anyone found a way to adjust this setting with the new app?

0 Likes
Participant

Why I can't connect bose music app with my Bose 35 ii headphone?

0 Likes

Hi Albee,

The QuietComfort 35 II headphones are not compatible with the Bose Music app, you will require the Bose Connect app. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 😊

0 Likes
Participant

Hi Tegan_M,

Bose Connect app does not have the EQ feature to adjust the bass and treble.

Will Bose also implement EQ features for QuietComfort 35 II headphone?

This is correct Albee Lum. 

Our team has had a feature request raised for EQ multiple times, however, we don't currently have any further information on if/when we can expect to see this feature added. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

0 Likes