Wild Bill
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

After Firmware Update Soundlink Revolve Doesn't Turn Off

Seems this started happening after a recent firmware update. Even though I turn off the speaker and it appears to be off, it remains on? I know this because the automated voice suddenly kicks in unexpectedly? Any way to fix this? 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: After Firmware Update Soundlink Revolve Doesn't Turn Off

Hey there, Bill!

Thanks so much for reaching out.  That is certainly not expected behavior!  I'd like to suggest a reset of the speaker:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Let me know if this helps? I'm very curious to hear.

I hope that you're enjoying your day and please take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

DBW2463
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Hi this has also happened to me following firmware update...I have reset to factory setting but it still does not turn off BT

This is not good as battery will diminish

@DBW2463 Hello, thank you for writing in. In the recent update, we enabled a feature that allows any previously connected speaker to be powered on remotely via the Connect app. This feature is primarily intended for ease of use when creating a stereo or party mode pairing, but will also work when you drag to connect any compatible speaker within the appHope that helps to clarify a bit, and I will also pass this feedback along to the team.

Thank you, and let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Mohsin

clintcar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

A similar but opposite issue here. I just did the update to mine via the app. Upgrade complete, the speaker turns off and will not turn back on.  No way to do a reset as the speaker won't turn on.

Hi clintcar,

Thanks for posing. I am so sorry to hear about that. If what happened was

• You updated the speaker via the Bose connect app and
  • It's now dead. No lights or response to any buttons even when plugged in.

I would definitely contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "contact us".

I hope it works out for you!

Tony - Community Support

Walshian
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

This is such an incredibly irritating feature. It's basically a bug.

Not being able to switch this thing off means that it basically connects at random to the device and shouts out that it's connected!

I'm so dissatisfied and disappointed in bose for this.

Reasons for wanting to switch it off (just a few but there are loads more)...
-So it doesn't connect when I to at 2am while sitting in my son's room! Thanks for asking him up bose.
- so I can take it through an airport and on a plane ! Seriously bose it's a portable speaker and you precluded me from taking it on holidays.
-i just want it to be off. Ease of use feature is not having me have to think about what the hell is going on before realising that my headphones aren't connected because this speaker has hijacked the connection.

How on earth did this firmware pass test to get out the door?

What is wrong with an off switch??
Gperex
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I have been a bose fan forever but I am disappointed with your small speakers (revolve, soundlink, 360 etc) my Revolve just died yesterday. It would not charge or do anything
Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi!

This is a common "feature" introduced with a firmware update in February 2018. Has not been addressed in the update which came in May 2018.

For workarounds and reasons see the topic here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Soundlink-Revolve-Randomly-Turning-On/m-p/118174/highlight/tr...

HermannS

revolveuser
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Such a stupid feature.

I can't believe which team can build a feature that user can't turn it down.

And, no fix.

Sorry, Boss, you are very annoying!