cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A2themonster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

After update speaker keeps auto-connecting randomly! Please help!!

After recently updating the firmware for my Bose Micro SoundLink, it now connects at random times to the two devices it is paired with, even when it is powered off! The **bleep** thing literally turns on, the voice command notifies me what device it connected to, and boom. This is causing serious interruptions to whatever I am doing at that time.

2 REPLIES 2
A2themonster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Re: After update speaker keeps auto-connecting randomly! Please help!!

To Jeff (When trying to respond, I received an error that you do not have private messages enabled, so I will post my response here)

I am using an iPhone and MacBook that are connecting. I have paired and unpaired, and this issue only commenced after I recently updated the software. It is not the voice commands/prompts, but rather the auto-connect feature that occurs I believe due to proximity. I searched around on the forum after my post was made and found that this is a long-standing, known issue that does not seem to have been addressed yet. 

Jeff_G

Re: After update speaker keeps auto-connecting randomly! Please help!!

Hi A2themonster, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

There is no need for private messages to moderators on a public forum. Please continue the conversation here on this thread. (If you would prefer to have a private discussion, you can get in touch with support via social media, phone, or online here.)

Do you leave Bluetooth enabled on the iPhone/MacBook permanently? When powering on, if Bluetooth is enabled, the phone/laptop will automatically start searching for paired devices in the vicinity. Think about it like how when you use a Bluetooth mouse, it automatically connects. To prevent this, you can unpair the speaker when you do not wish for it to search for it on the next power-on, or, you can disable Bluetooth on the specific device until you next need to use it. This is a good habit to get into as Bluetooth antennas draw power even when not being used. 

Thanks.