mcdonsco
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Anyway to shut up the Bose chick?

On our SoundLink mini 2 and my revolve+ every time we turn it on, disconnect/connect a device etc it blurts out connected to such and such, disconnected, battery level etc etc etc at a pretty loud volume regardless of the speakers volume.

Is there any way to shut that thing up?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Anyway to shut up the Bose chick?

Hi mcdonsco, 

Thanks for the post. You can disable the voice prompts:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold Volume + and Volume - at the same time until you hear confirmation that voice prompts are off
  3. Repeat to turn voice prompts back on

Same procedure for both speakers. 

Let us know if that helped

Mohsin

Highlighted
mcdonsco
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Yup, got that figured out. Now, new problem, or at least current, is it will double beep numberous times through the night while on charging dock...just seems random...beep beep, every few hours.

I use it as an alarm clock in the morning, basically phone alarm playing through it and this will wake me up at least 2-3 times a night. Phone isn't doing it, no notifications or anything from phone. Seems to be speaker doing it on its own.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

mcdonsco

Thanks for the great question! The noise you are describing sounds like its related to power. When properly connected to an AC outlet the system will emit “beep-boop” tones confirming that it is receiving power. If the wall outlet is recessed by a decorative wall plate the power supply it may not fully connect. Also, if the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the switch is in the On position. If you could try another outlet for troubleshooting that would be a way to tell.

Let us know

Tony

Highlighted
mcdonsco
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

I have the dock for it, the $30 add-on that Bose should have just included with it, and it does this every couple hours while on that.

Shouldn't it make a noise if it's NOT getting power when sitting on that or has a usb cable plugged in? Really annoying when using it as a speaker boost for my phone's morning alarm clock to have it wake my wife and I up every couple hours throughout the night.

Is there not a way to disable all sounds the unit itself makes (obviously not from connected devices)???
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

mcdonsco

Thanks for responding. You mention the issue happens when plugged into the dock, could we ask does it happen if you bypass the cradle and plug power directly into the speaker? 

We would recommend contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us". They would be able to assist you in getting a replacement dock or service on your speaker if needed.

Let us know

Tony