tbbrightman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Auto power down -- Soundlink Mini

How do I disable auto power down?  I power the unit on AC and want to use it as a clock-radio speaker.

9 REPLIES 9
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Auto power down -- Soundlink Mini

The speaker powers off after 30 minutes of inactivity while connected to power in Aux mode.

To disable the auto-off feature, press and hold the Bluetooth® and + buttons simultaneously. You hear an alert (or a tone) confirming that the auto off feature is disabled.

To activate the auto off setting, press both buttons again.

tbbrightman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks so much!!
I called Bose who told me that it was as permanent, uncontrollable 'feature'.

I'll try this tip as soon as power comes back on!
tbbrightman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

This reply should bolce my problem but it does NOT. The speaker still shuts off.

This makes it useless to me.
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I don't want you to think I'm asking silly questions, but did you hear the tone and it still shut off, or you didn't hear the tone (signifing it didn't change modes)?

Maybe make sure its got the latest firmware at btu.bose.com and try again.

It's not really a feature I've ever heard of not working, so maybe take it into a Bose store and they can check it out.  Can't think of any other solution without it in front of my.

tbbrightman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks for the follow up.
I used the press GT & + buttons procedure four times. Each time, the mini made it's sound.
This is supposed to turn off, then turn on, then turn off, then turn on again APD.
It never turned off. Each time I tested it by waiting 30 mins and trying to play music. It powered down each time.
I tried to upgrade firmware but could not get it to perform the uphrade.
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I just checked mine, and if the voice prompts are on, it actually tells you when you turn the auto-off feature On/Off. 

Without knowing where you purchased it from, if it's not saying that and not updating via the site I gave, then I would suspect it may not be authentic.  If you got it from an authorized reseller such as Best Buy, I wouldn't worry about that, but you may need to take it in for a warranty issue.  If you got it from E-bay I'd be suspicious

Highlighted

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts on this topic.

tbbrightman - it depends partly on which SoundLink Mini you have - do you have the SL Mini I (6 buttons on top) or the SL Mini II (only 5 buttons on top)?

It is possible to disable Auto-Off on the SL Mini II, but not on the I. Since the SL Mini you have is powering down after 30 minutes, I believe it is the SL Mini I you have (the II powers down after 20 minutes, rather than half an hour).

Here are the steps again for disabling Auto-Off on the II:

- Press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons at the same time
- A voice prompt (or tone) will confirm that the Auto-off setting is off
- (Repeat to re-enable the Auto off setting)

I hope this information helps. If we can help any further, please let us know.

Regards

Ben

tbbrightman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

The SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth® speaker does not offer any voice prompts--at least not according to the manual.

I bought the unit at BJ's [similar to Costco] and registered it by serial number so I believe it to be genuine.

There also is no way to update its firmware despite installing the Bose app.  It wants a USB cable yet does not connect ehen installed/inserted.

It's seems simply to be poorly thought out.  

tbbrightman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

I have six buttons across the top, therefore SL Mini 1.

As I previously concluded, a poorly thought out product.

You've got to wonder when a product doesn't even have a label stating its model, FCC status, etc.  

Thanks for your attention.