Highlighted
Skcerny
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Bluetooth connected message

I have a new Color II bluetooth speaker. I love the sound without question. I use the speaker while facilitating workshops when using videos. The annoying problem I am having is that every twenty minutes or so when not using the speaker I get a verbal messaging reminding me that I am connected to appropriate Bluetooth items (phone and computer). Is there a way to turn this off?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bluetooth connected message

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hello Skcerny, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. You can disable voice prompts on the speaker that will stop the speaker talking to you however this will prevent the speaker's capability to manually scroll through paired Bluetooth devices. 

To disable voice prompts, follow these steps:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold Volume + and Volume - at the same time until you hear confirmation that voice prompts are off
  3. Repeat to turn voice prompts back on

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need anything else. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bluetooth connected message

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hello Skcerny, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. You can disable voice prompts on the speaker that will stop the speaker talking to you however this will prevent the speaker's capability to manually scroll through paired Bluetooth devices. 

To disable voice prompts, follow these steps:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold Volume + and Volume - at the same time until you hear confirmation that voice prompts are off
  3. Repeat to turn voice prompts back on

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need anything else. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support