cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlati
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Bluetooth signal skipping and breaking up..

Hey all.. Just got a new SoundLink Revolve.. When using Spotify, Radio, or Music playback from phone or tablet, it constantly skips.. I read about changing router frequency, as this cannot be done on the SoundLink.. This is not a solution, but a work around.. It is always in range, so not distance..

Does anyone have an actual solution, as I can playback to my Bluetooth Yamaha Sound Bar, with out issue from all sources and devices. no issues.

Appreciate any help. I am a big Bose fan, having wired speaker & headphone, but this driving me nuts...

5 REPLIES 5
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bluetooth signal skipping and breaking up..

Hi there, Karlati!

Thank you kindly for reaching out to the community.

I'd like to clarify a couple details.  The SoundLink Revolve connects to your devices via Bluetooth and is not WiFi enabled so adjusting your router wouldn't impact the speaker most likely.  

The range of the Revolve is about 30 feet.

Can we try a few troubleshooting steps on the speaker?  Let's start with a reset:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

This reset will also clear the Bluetooth pairing list so you'll have to forget the speaker in your device's paired lists and reestablish those connections.  

Let me know if these steps help?  I hope that you have a great day!

Please take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

ricknjess22
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

Hello,

I am having this same issue with the Bose revolve plus. I have it paired with the Echo Dot and it worked really well for a few days and then it started to skip.  I have tried your suggestion below, but it did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi ricknjess22,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you are having issues pairing to your echo dot. Could I ask, does the speaker work when paired with a mobile device like a cell phone?

Please let us know.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Dave_bass5
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

I got a Revolve at the weekend. It’s been good until this evening. When trying to stream from my Amazon Echo Dot the signal keeps dropping out. Tried playing from Spotify just through the Dot’s speaker and its rock solid (has been for months). Re connect (via BT) the Revolve and lots of interruptions. At one point it was 37 seconds before It started working again. 

There is probably no more than 2ft between the devices. 

I cant have this so will be sending it back in a few days. You expect poor results from cheap electronics, not at this price. At this price you should not have to clear out any settings or find work arounds. If it doesn’t work, end of story and ill get something that will work as advertised. 

Never owned a Bose product that hasn’t had BT issues. 

Tami
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2018

I've had the same issue lately, and by process of elimination concluded that I needed to update firmware. Why didn't anyone mention that here?! https://community.bose.com/t5/Bluetooth-Only-Speakers/Bose-Connect-App-6-1-Release/m-p/128552#M5745