Bose Mini II Battery dead...

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Bose Mini II Battery dead...

I have had this Bose Mini II for just over a year now and it's dead... I tried all of the recommended troubleshooting and none of it worked.  I hate the fact that I bought a lot of the Bose products, they're not cheap, and the battery expires at the end of the 1 year warranty?  It's sad!  I am not a happy consumer and now I need to buy something else to replace it.  I really like the sound, but if it's going to fail year after year, what's the point of buying Bose products?  The unfortunate thing is, I can't locate my receipt and the date code is 7226.  I am pretty sure I purchased it in 2018, but the Bose store I purchased it from closed.  What's that tell you... 

3 REPLIES 3
Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose Mini II Battery dead...

1. Bose store probably on a central data base, you still may be able to get proof from elsewhere in Bose

2. If you used a CC, you can at least show you purchased something at the store on a particular date and you can show the price paid matches the price of a Mini II.

3. If all else fails, I believe Bose can replace the battery for under $100 (US) which may be preferable for trashing the device and buying a non-Bose

4. Even if you no longer want it - I bet you if you have access to certain FB groups or Craigslist or some other similar site, you may be able to sell it - people will buy a dead battery Mini II and either replace the battery themselves or ask Bose to do it (and that costs less than buying a new one - especially since Bose has discontinued to the Mini II a while ago).

p.s. - I have a Mini II which still works fine and is over a year old and I don't work for Bose

Wistful Whisperer

I appreciate the information, unfortunately the cost of the mini II was $99.00.  As far as purchasing something else other than Bose, I couldn't.  Bose speakers are the best sounding ones out there.  I tried JBL, Sony and some others and they couldn't compete.  I did find a replacement battery for $29, so I think I will give it a go and replace it.  I did buy the Bose Resolve 360 and it's pretty awesome. Yes, I did purchase a warranty.  Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Vincegio, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your SoundLink mini II. For the most accurate information regarding service on your system, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support