Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

Hello all!

I just wanted to check in and ask if there was any improvement with this since the latest update to the Revolve speakers(1.5.0)?

Thank you,

Mohsin

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

Re: Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

I just updated both my Revolve speaker to firmware (1.5.0) but still the same when connected to party mode with PC the slave speaker don't have any sound.

No improvement, don't think your technical support is looking into the issue.

given up..!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Not for me - I held down bluetooth button to clear connections and now I cannot connect to iphone or pc. The difference with 1.5.0 is that the PC can now list the revolve and say its connected - but there is no sound. Since the pc switches off its own speakers and audio shows a signal it seems the issue is still with the revolve.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello!

This is likely to be a compatibility issue with the Bluetooth drivers on the Windows 10. Thank you for the update, I will follow this back up with the team. 

Can you also make sure your Bluetooth drivers on the PC are up-to-date? I would recommend going directly to the manufacturer of the PC to verify proper driver updates. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Blaahm have you tried clearing the speaker from your list of Bluetooth devices on the PC and re-initiate the pairing process? 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

I have try formating and reinstalling windows on both PC and Surface, I have also chear both revolve and reseting them.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

Yes, several times. Also updated audio and bluetooth drivers on lenovo windows 10 ultrabook. Installed latest soundlink revolve driver after returning to factory settings. Can no longer link with iphone or pc to soundlink revolve. Restarts of devices are not enabling link ability either. Ready to investigate again this weekend...

Thanks for the reply

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

I downloaded the latest drivers direct from lenovo after establishing exactly the model of the pc - however all audio and bluetooth drivers from intel microsoft and realtek are up to date

best,

blaahm

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello!

Thank you for getting back to us and checking the drivers. Again, this is likely a compatibility issue with the Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10. Best practice would be to keep an eye out for updates to Windows BT drivers, Bose Connect app updates, and SoundLink Revolve updates. Another suggestion would be to try an external Bluetooth adapter that supports A2DP, AVRCP, and HFP. 

Thank you again, I will update the team, and get back to you with any new information!

Take care,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Hello Moshin,

I don't mean to sound adversarial, but as a manufacturer who charges a premium for your products, don't you think it's a bit insulting to:

A) Discuss this "probable" incompatiblity with the Window bluetooth drivers.  Last time I looked, Windows had an 88% market share for desktops and laptops.  Shouldn't you "know" for certain whether the drivers work or not with your product that you advertise will work with that OS?

B) To try to foist the solution on us, that, having spent $600 on your speakers, we now need to acquire an additional piece of hardware (an external bluetooth adapter) to make them work as you advertised.   This is also extremely irresponsible, in my opinion.  If you are going to manufacter a product and advertise it as compatible with the PC environment, isn't it incumbent on your company to actually make a compatible product?   

I can't remember the last time I've dealt with a company who took less responsibility for basically lying to me about their products capabilities.