Highlighted
madhusudhan_s
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Re: Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

Hi Mohsin, 

External adapter wouldn't be a solution for any of us, for sure. In my case, I do use an external adapter but the problem is that even the driver for it isn't supported on Windows 10 - so everyone would be forced to use Generic bluetooth driver. 
Bose should really work with Microsoft on how to get this fixed, I'm fairly certain that their driver is what to blame here and get the needed profiles working on Windows 10. 

Considering that there are 600 million Windows 10 devices, Bose should seriously consider a basic UWP app. 

Thanks, 
Madhusudhan

Highlighted
Blaahm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Re: Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

yes. I updated the revolve driver to the latest vsn 3 weeks ago after factory reset.

I have deinstalled and reinstalled all microsoft and intel enumerator drivers on my pc.

I have depaired from the iphone and currently repaired to it - it works.

If i use the aux cable the revolve is visible in the bluetooth list but when the cable is unplugged it disappears.

The pc does not detect the revolve and the revolve cannot pair or detect the pc via bluetooth

thanks.

Highlighted
beachvbguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Is there anyone else who feels like we were defrauded by Bose regarding these speakers?  Had I known that the Revolve speakers were being advertised to work as stereo speaker with pc's but didn't, and that Bose was going to do nothing to take ownership for their dishonesty and irresponsibility, I would never have purchased these devices.  How shameful is it that this company treats their user community with such dishonesty and contempt.  

I will dedicate my entire online presence to making it known that Bose is company not to be trusted.

Highlighted
madhusudhan_s
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't put it quite that strongly. I understand that their testing would have been mostly with iOS and Android devices, and so Stereo mode does work fine. They also don't even mention Windows 10 in their product page. Considering what a mess Bluetooth tech is, they should have done their due diligence by testing it with Windows 10. Above all, what I find the most surprising is the fact that it has taken this long for this to get fixed. A company like Bose should have no problem working with Microsoft to fix this issue. 

Btw, I also use my Revolves in Stereo mode with Amazon Echo, works perfectly. 

beachvbguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Well, I went off of a CNET product review, and they flat said that it would work with Windows.. re: the bluetooth "standard",  I live in Thailand and buy a lot of VERY cheap bluetooth earbuds and headsets for listening when I'm out and about.  While I usually use them with my Note 8, I have never had a problem also pairing them with my Asus ROG or my Surface Book.  If some little knockoff headset manufacturer in Shenzhen, China (I've also lived there) can get it together to have their device work with Windows, why can't Bose?  Also, with Bose's most recent firmware update, my volume is only 1/2 as loud on Windows...  a minor issue since the speakers pack plenty of volume, but again... not very impressive.

Highlighted
beachvbguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

So, I wrote to support, here's their reply:

Hello Jon, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us and for bringing this matter to our attention. I'm sorry to learn that your SoundLink Revolve Plus speaker turns on by itself. We definitely want you to enjoy your unit to its fullest potential and the power issue that you've described is certainly not the experience that we want you to have. I'd be glad to make the situation better for you. 

I appreciate that you’ve accomplished some troubleshooting steps found online but since the issue continues, we can set up a repair for your speaker at no cost. Our Bose technicians will do a complete diagnostics and repair on your product. They will ensure that you receive it back fully operational and as good as brand new. 

Kindly supply the details below for me to process the repair order right away.

* Please confirm if the Serial number of your unit is XXXXXXXX
* Shipping address
* Phone number

I'll be eagerly waiting for your response. Have a nice day! 

NOTE:  no mention of the stereo issue,  So I replied.. see next message

Highlighted
beachvbguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Reply from me to Tech Support:

Hello Rhonda.

First, apologies for the slow reply.  I've been hosting guests from the USA for the past weeks, so this issue slipped in priority. 

And thank you for your reply.  As I've looked back at my first communication, I see that I may have omitted some detail, so let me clarify both of my issues.

First, I own not one, but two of the Revolve Plus speakers.  In fact, my whole reason for replacing my Soundlink Mini (which has worked flawlessly for 4 years) was to have stereo performance for my video, which I view via my Windows 10 computers connected to multiple monitors.  

I purchased the first unit in Thailand about 4 months ago.  Serial number is:   XXX.  The second I bought in April via Amazon during a visit to the US.  Its serial number is, in fact:  V+XXX

Both units have the same issue with turning on repeatedly if the Windows device to which they are paired remains on.  This is both strange and annoying, but actually tolerable most of the time.

The second issue, on the other hand, is not.  My entire reason for spending the $700 on these speakers (the one I bought here in Thailand was a bit more than the one purchased in the US) was to enjoy stereo on my 5 Windows 10 devices.  This simply doesn’t work.  If you check my post on your community site, you’ll see the various ways it malfunctions.  And, based on the fact that the community site has about 11 other people with the same issue, I know it’s not something I’m doing wrong.  Given that the speakers perform fine paired with either Apple or Android devices, I also know this isn’t a hardware malfunction.

Rhonda, I’d be willing to put up with the time and inconvenience (I suppose I should say additional inconvenience) of sending these devices to you for repair if you can assure me that BOTH issues will be resolved.  Thus far, the postings on Moshin (your tech person on the community site) have been useless at best, and actually pretty insulting in their content, if not tone, at worst.  Of course, ideally it would be great if you could sort these issues out with some sort of firmware update, but please let me know what can be done.  Having bought several pairs of your headphones for travel, and now 3 loudspeakers from you,  I can’t describe how disappointed I am at these issues and how much my opinion of your company and products has declined.  You can be sure that I, as well as apparently several others in the community forum, are warning everyone we know and on social media, not to purchase these devices.

Highlighted
beachvbguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

That was 5 days ago and ZERO response. 

I will sell these speakers and buy something else

Please warn everyone to NEVER BUY BOSE AGAIN...

Highlighted
madhusudhan_s
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Will anyone from Bose acknowledge this problem that we are having with Windows 10? 
I own a Windows 10 Mobile also, Lumia 950 XL and it has the exact same problem. I wouldn't ask you guys to fix it for the phone. But atleast Windows 10 is widely adopted and should be fixed. Its just awful what @beachvbguy is facing with customer support. There is no need to ship the devices, its so obvious that every Revolve speakers behaves like this with Windows 10. 

It is clearly not the hardware problem as it works fine for Android and iOS devices. In fact it does work with Windows 10 devices when the connection sequence mentioned here is performed, so it must be driver/audio profile problem. Either Bose or Microsoft are responsible for fixing it. Just let us know who it is, so that you do not get such bad reputation. 

Highlighted
beachvbguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Thanks @ madhusudhan_s,

Yeah, this experience has really opened my eyes about Bose corporation.  It's been 5 months since I began trying to solve this issue.  In those 5 months, I've not heard back from Bose support, I have never seen Bose acknowledge that their advertising is misleading at best and deceptive at worst by not mention that their claims that the Revolve speakers can be paired either in party mode or stero mode doesn't work on the most popular computing platform in the WORLD, Windows 10.  This is a pretty shameful business practice for a company that postures as providing a top quality product, for which they clearly demand a premium price.  How disreputable to ignore their customers in this manner.