Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2017

Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

Even with the steps described the topic "Soundlink Revolve Party Mode Pairing Problem" from user Ricch, I have the following issue after initiating the Party – Mode, when a Bose Resolve speaker is connected to an Win10-PC:

In “Sound à Playback devices” the Speaker “Bose Revolve” is disconnected, the audio output stops, but in Windows 10 “Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other devices” the Audio “Bose Resolve” remains connected.

After several tests (connecting, disconnecting, reset and so on, reinstall Bluetooth Drivers...), the following steps seems to be stable to reestablish a connection to  a windows 10 PC to two Bose Revolve speaker in Party/Stereo Mode:

1. Switch off Bluetooth on the Windows – PC !
  2. Connect one Bose Resolve to Smartphone
  3. Switch on Bluetooth on the Windows – PC
  4. Establish a Bluetooth connection from Windows PC to the Bose Resolve Speaker
  5. Now the sound from the Windows PC should play on the Bose Resolve
  6. In the Bose Connect app disconnect the connection from Smartphone to the Bose Resolve Speaker
  7. Now enable Party – Mode (Key Bluetooth and +) first Speaker and then Key Bluetooth and – on the second speaker
  8. Now the Sound device on the Windows PC remains active
  9. Stereo Mode activation is no problem 

My Device-List:

1. Two Bose Resolve Bluetooth Speaker (Firmware 1.1.8)
  2. Smartphone Samsung S7 edge (Android 7.0)
  3. Bose connect app 4.2
  4. Windows 10 (Version 1703, OS Build 15063.413, Windows Bluetooth Driver)
  5. Motherboard ASUS Z170-Deluxe (Bluetooth 4.0)

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

@hansii99

Thanks for the great post! This should help out a lot of users with a similar issue.

Come back and post again

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Re: Bose Revolve Party/Stereo Mode with an Win10 PC, only works with strong connection sequence

well... works for me in this sequence!... is a big trick!, but Bose fix that! make the live easy! please!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like PC initiating connection to Speaker is what does the trick, instead of the other way round. I'm not sure if Windows bluetooth driver need fix too, but Bose should definitely take this up with priority. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Wow. Thanks a lot. This works for me as well ! 

@Tony_G Yes, it would bcan you e great if Bose could fix this (can someone add it to a faq or even the official manual for now?)

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi  georgmeyer

Thanks for posting. That's a great suggestion that I will make sure and pass along for the future!

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Hey Tony,

don't want to hold the pressure up ... well, thinking about it, that's exactly what I want 😉

Is Bose still looking into this? Would be grateful for another firmware/software update to solve this problem. And a windows equivalent for the Bose Connect app would be very welcome as well ...

Best 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

I'm not able to connect both the bose revolve in party or stereo mode.

I follow the instruction in connecting to one bose revolve with my phone and PC both also playing sound, but once i try to connect or party of stereo mode is will voice out the desktop is being disconneted.

Using

Firmware Version: 1.2.2

App Version: 5.1

Please kindly advice..?

I brought two revolve main pupose is to replace my bose companion speaker and connecting them to my PC as left/right speaker.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to drop in and ask if there was any improvement with this after the last update(1.3.3)? Please be sure both of the Revolve speakers have matching firmware. 

Thank you so much!

Mohsin

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Hi, 

I tried stereo mode with Windows 10 on 1.3.3. But nothing seems to have changed. Here's what happens, one of the speakers would be connected to my PC and I connect another one in stereo mode, but Windows 10 picks up a handfree profile for the speaker and this is just mono audio. The default audio profile would no longer appear after I have connected in stereo mode. 
I use a bluetooth dongle to connect to my speakers from my PC. I'm not sure why Windows 10 isn't picking up the default audio profile though, and the reason why I think Windows 10 is to blame here is because, it uses an generic bluetooth driver and when I had Windows 7 before with a driver provided by dongle manufacturer, stereo mode used to work perfectly. 
Now that driver doesn't work properly in Windows 10 and I'm forced to use the default bluetooth driver present in Windows 10. 

Also, it would be awesome if Bose implements an UWP app for Windows 10... 

Thanks