Bose Revolve battery won't charge

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Bose Revolve battery won't charge

I have a 2 or 3 months Bose Revolve. The battery won't charge. Reset to factory, did update. No luck. Had this problem with the Bose soundlink. The factory had it more than I did so they replaced it with the revolve. Love the revolve but having same problem. Any help appreciated. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by BARGIN1

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Bose Revolve battery won't charge

None of the suggestions below worked. But as soon as I installed the new Soundlink Revolve (small) software (1.3.3) the problem was solved.

7 REPLIES 7

BARGIN1

I'm Sorry your Revolve won't charge. It looks like you have already done a lot of troubleshooting. I would definitely recommend contacting your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped.

Tony

Audible Advocate

I had several wall battery chargers from the soundlink mini that the Bose company sent me because the mini would not hold a charge. The wall chargers didn't work for the mini but changing the wall charger worked for the Revolve! Honestly your company has a Superior bluetooth speaker you need a better wall charger not one made in China! This is so cheaply made no wonder they quit working.

Thank you for getting back to me ! 

Sincerely, Ginnie W

Hi BARGIN1,

Thanks for your update and feedback, we really value when our customers give us information about their experiences.  I am sorry that you experienced a frustrating issue but glad that it is resolved with a new wall charger.  If there is anything else that you need help with or questions about please never hesitate to reach out, we are always here to help and want you to enjoy your products to the fullest.

Thanks again,

Shiloh_C

Silent Starter

I am now also experiencing the charge issue with one of my bose revolve speakers. One speaker is functioning as expected. However, my second speaker does not issue the normal two tone indicator that shows it is charging. I have tried both mini USB cable and the charge pad.  Neither works. I see the yellow charge light blinking, but after charging overnight, the percent charge went down 10 percent.  Will try letting the charge go to zero to see if that will help. I have kept the software up to date.  Performing a reset did not help.  We use these speakers daily with our grandson so the loss of a speaker will be a real problem.

Hi  ebornman,

I'm glad that you reached out with this issue.  It sounds like you've done a good amount of troubleshooting here so at this point I think that your best option is to reach out to customer support to see what your available options are.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

Please come back and let us know how it goes with support?

Thank you for posting and enjoy your day,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

I had the same problem on both my Soundlink Revolve.  It would go down to blinking red, but then refuse to charge.  This appears to be one of the issues:

I was using a Samsung phone power adaptor to charge the Bose.  DO NOT USE ANY POWER ADAPTOR EXCEPT FOR BOSE.  They are not compatible.  The Samsung has a "fast charge mode" by increasing the voltage to 9V momentarily to test to see if the receiving device can handle 9V.  Samsung phones with this feature, can be charged fast at 9V (instead of the normal 5V).  When Bose Revolve detects that momentary 9V, it shuts itself down, and refuses to accept a charge, even though the Samsung adaptor is back at 5V.  So use its original wall power adaptor by Bose.

Audible Advocate

None of the suggestions below worked. But as soon as I installed the new Soundlink Revolve (small) software (1.3.3) the problem was solved.