Highlighted
jacc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Bose Revolve won't connect to Macbook

My Bose revolve suddenly decided that it won't connect to my macbook pro vis bluetooth (Mojave). It connects fine with my iPhone. I've tried all of the following:

• Resetting the speakers to factory setting
  • Restarting my computer and clearing all bluetooth connections
  • Plugging into my computer via usb directly. No sound.

I'm also unable to update the firmware through the updater or the connect app. On the browser, the connection gets lost when the progress bar gets to 8%. On the iPhone app, it keeps asking me to connect to the speakers even though it's been connected. 

Please send help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Revolve won't connect to Macbook

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Jacc,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing connection issues with your SoundLink Revolve speaker, but I would love to help get this resolved for you.  

You have stated that you have removed the Bluetooth connections from your computer, but I would also recommend doing this with your revolve. 

To clear the speaker memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices: Turn on the product, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

I would then continue to visit your Mac, and try turning Bluetooth off and then back on to start a new search for nearby Bluetooth speakers. If the speaker still doesn't appear, go to the Bluetooth settings of your Mac and search or scan for available speakers. Once the speaker appears in the list of available devices, select it.

Regarding the update failing, can you please confirm that you connected your speaker with the official Bose cable to your Laptop via this USB cable and visited btu.bose.com and followed the instructions there. Was this still causing failure? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Revolve won't connect to Macbook

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Jacc,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing connection issues with your SoundLink Revolve speaker, but I would love to help get this resolved for you.  

You have stated that you have removed the Bluetooth connections from your computer, but I would also recommend doing this with your revolve. 

To clear the speaker memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices: Turn on the product, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

I would then continue to visit your Mac, and try turning Bluetooth off and then back on to start a new search for nearby Bluetooth speakers. If the speaker still doesn't appear, go to the Bluetooth settings of your Mac and search or scan for available speakers. Once the speaker appears in the list of available devices, select it.

Regarding the update failing, can you please confirm that you connected your speaker with the official Bose cable to your Laptop via this USB cable and visited btu.bose.com and followed the instructions there. Was this still causing failure? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Tegan M - Community Support