Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2017

Bose SoundLink Color will not hold charge

My Bose SoundLink Color will not work unless it is plugged in.  This is obviously inconvenient as it is a "portable" speaker, but I cannot play anything unless it is plugged into an oultet.  Is this just a battery issue?  Or is there a way to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose SoundLink Color will not hold charge

Jgordon111111,

Thanks for the post. have you tried resetting the speaker?

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the AUX and Volume - buttons for 10-20 seconds, until a tone is heard
  3. Turn the speaker on and verify your language selection. To select English, press Play/Pause and hold.

Restoring the speaker's factory defaults erases all paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker's memory.

Give that a try and let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2017

I have started having the same issue but the suggestion is not working. I do not hear any tone after holding down the aux and sound button?  The speaker only works while plugged in.  It appears to be charged by turning green but it does not hold charge?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi milehirico,

Curiously were you pressing and holding both the AUX and the Volume Minus button on top of the system? Was the system plugged into power when you had attempted this reset?

You can also attempt to reset the speaker by performing the following:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause button for at least 15 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold Play/Pause, unplug from power
  4. Release Play/Pause

Let us know how that goes!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

I was having the same issue today.  Read the below suggestions. Speaker was plugged in at the time.   I did hold the AUX and Vol minus button until i lucked out and heard the tone.  I released buttons and speaker then did ask what language "press play pause" for English.      So far has worked

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello amtmweir,

That is great to hear that the troubleshooting steps above have resolved your issue. Please let us know if the issue returns.

Thank you,

-Michael

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

I tried both suggestions on the blog to reset my unit, and nothing works. I cannot use my unit unless it's plugged in. I can charge it all day, and it stops working in minutes if it isn't plugged in. Help!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@mike isaacson Hey thank you for dropping by! I appreciate that you were able to try out the given troubleshooting steps, sorry it did not work out. At this point, your best bet would be to reach out to your local Bose Support and they will discuss your exchange options. 

Here is a link to get contact info if you need it. 

Let me know how everything goes! 

Thank you, 

Mohsin