Highlighted
Mr_Miller
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Bose - SoundLink Mini - No Sound

Took our wonderful SoundLink Mini camping last summer, and upon returning home thought that we had lost it!

Whilst preparing for our first camping trip of this year i found the speaker in amongst out camping kit in the attic. Battery was completety discharged, so gave it a full charge. But unfortunately I am now unable to get any sound out of it?!

Have tried both Bluetooth and wired connections, have check all bluetooth coonections have been isolated (turned off other bluetooth devices nearby), and volume on speaker and output device(s) (phone, ipad, PC, TV - i've tried various!) is turned up, but still no output.

Have also tried a hard reset via holding mute button down for 10-12 seconds!

Any help much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose - SoundLink Mini - No Sound

Hi Mr_Miller, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

I have a few questions I would love to ask to better understand your issue: 

• When powering on the device are you seeing any LED's at all?
  • Could the speaker have been exposed to water or moisture where it was placed? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Mr_Miller
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks for the response.

No moisture, was inadvertantly stored in a large plastic create with torches, mallets, plastic plates, cups and other camping equipment.

Other than sound, unit appears to work normally, battery light, aux, bluetooth and mute lights all work when buttons pressed. Appreared to charge normally, and is holding change ok.

Hi Mr_Miller, 

Thanks for your fast response and thank you for providing me with that information. 

Could you please ensure that your system is running the latest software version via Btu.bose.com

This is a very strange issue and from what you have stated above you have attempted all troubleshooting steps that I could suggest for this issue. If the issue still persists after then I would highly suggest that your speaker will need to be booked in for a repair.If you are located in the USA you can do this yourself via this link. You can also reach out to our team via this link here to book a repair. Simply select the region you are currently located in and then click the contact us link at the bottom of the page, the team will be on hand to assist with this. 

I am deeply sorry that I wasn't able to assist further via this platform. 

Please update me on the result of your call/repair. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Mr_Miller
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi Hector,

I appreciate your help.

There is no software update option for the SoundLink Mini, only the SoundLink Mini II. Or have I missed something?

I will get in touch with UK tech support and speak to them about a repair.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Mr_Miller, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

You haven't missed anything, I just thought to include this step in case you did have the Sound Link Mini II. Please reach out to the UK team to arrange this. 

Also, please do update us on the result of your call! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B