Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayemac
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Bose SoundLink Revolve is EXTREMELY Loud When Typing or with Notifications

I have the Bose SoundLink Revolve, which has worked quite well since I received it. On occasion, the sound from everything except music will be extremely loud - to the point that it'll make people jump. It's random, too. Any notification that comes in from any app and typing texts is where it's really noticable. I've tried the volume on the device and on the iPhone with no luck. Music is at a normal level - it's just these other sounds that are the problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose SoundLink Revolve is EXTREMELY Loud When Typing or with Notifications

Author Accepted Answer selected by ayemac

Hello ayemac, 

Many thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I can appreciate the annoyance of this, however, Bluetooth generally takes all audio from the connected device. The great news is that on the iPhone, you can adjust your music volume and general "phone sounds" separately. 

Head on over to your iPhone's Settings, then tap Sounds & Haptics. You will see a volume slider, this will adjust the overall volume of your alerts, ringtones, and even the level of your keyboard clicks. Alternatively, if you do not wish to lower the ringtone volume, you have a toggle switch in this menu to fully disable keyboard clicks.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-28 at 13.50.22.jpeg

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by ayemac

Hello ayemac, 

Many thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I can appreciate the annoyance of this, however, Bluetooth generally takes all audio from the connected device. The great news is that on the iPhone, you can adjust your music volume and general "phone sounds" separately. 

Head on over to your iPhone's Settings, then tap Sounds & Haptics. You will see a volume slider, this will adjust the overall volume of your alerts, ringtones, and even the level of your keyboard clicks. Alternatively, if you do not wish to lower the ringtone volume, you have a toggle switch in this menu to fully disable keyboard clicks.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-28 at 13.50.22.jpeg

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

View solution in original post

ayemac
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Awesome. You guys rock!