lingram400
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Bose Soundlink 2 speakers, one keeps dropping

Hello,

I have two Soundlink speakers that I link together (usually in party mode, sometimes in stereo),  I use them as part of a weekly spiritual group I lead (for music during service).  Since we are in a big room, I like to have two speakers.

We are connected via MIFI (verizon).  Consistently, the speaker linked to the bluetooth connected one drops.  Not sure what to do.

Also, I use the music intermittedly through the hour;  I have turned the auto disconnect feature off, so it isn't supposed to time out.

I manage them through the android Bose Connect app.

Any suggestions?  I purchased two because of the sound effect i wanted, not a small investment...but it is a bit frustrating!

thank you!

Lauri

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Soundlink 2 speakers, one keeps dropping

Hello Lauri!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can totally understand why that would be frustrating and we can definitely try to help you here.

Can you tell us which of the SoundLink speakers you have, and the name of the source device you are connected with?

Also, are you experiencing this issue anywhere else? Perhaps test them in a different room? 

I appreciate that you can provide this additional information, as it will aid in troubleshooting this further. 

Let me know when you get the chance!

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

lingram400
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Thank you, Moshin!

I have two Soundlink Revolve speakers, and am connecting to a Samsung Galaxy 7.

I have tried it in three different rooms, and continue to have the same problem, unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated~

Thank you,

Lauri

Hi Lauri, thank you for getting back with the additional info! This really helps.

Can you reset the speaker that is linked to the phone? I will have the reset instructions below. 

Can you also switch the speakers? For example, if you currently have the signal as this: Phone>Speaker A>Speaker B, try Phone>Speaker B> Speaker A. 

To reset the speaker:

1. Unplug the speaker from power and turn it on. The battery must be charged to do this.
  2. Press and hold the Multi Function Button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release and try the speaker again.

Also, just for troubleshooting purposes, are you able to try the speakers with a different Bluetooth enabled device?

Let me know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin