CT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 11, 2015

Bose Soundlink Color

Not sure what to make of Bose.  Always high quality and good customer service.  Had Soundlink 2 mos, and it stoppped charging and stopped turning on.  This thing never left the table where it was placed after purchased.  Tried to call support 3 times for over 25 mins with no answer.  Called before closing and no luck!  Noticed that there is no online tech support, it alsways seems to be unavaialbe.  If I didn't know better, they are shooting themselves in the foot with lowering overhead.  Now I have a 150.00 paper weight.  Very disappointed, and will think twice before purchasing Bose.  Poor quality and nobody is home.  
If anyone has the secret to revive this thing I would be very appreciative.  I tried new usb, new power source, computer, update software, you tube, google... I only find others who have had the same problem. 
It is sad that this company is going downhill.  
72 REPLIES 72
Jordan
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Bose Soundlink Color

Hi CT,
If your soundlink II stop working and no power and you can not turn it on, I think something wrong with the battery. In this case I believe you have to bring it to Bose service center at your place and change the battery.
rgds
jordan

Hello CT,
We had identified an issue with the original software which may have caused the issue you are experiencing with the charging and power on.
If you update the system with the latest software version, you should then be able to power on the speaker without issue. For details and instructions on how to perform that update, visit the link below:
SoundLink Color Update Page
Let us know if that helps at all!
Thanks for your time.
CT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 11, 2015

Dear Jordan:
Thank you for your response. I think this is the issue.
Chris
CT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 11, 2015

Dear Michael:
I thought that the new firmware was downloaded, but when I went back to download again, there was no response-no apparent recognition that I had a bose product connected. I do believe the battery is dead as suggested, not sure if Bose store will help since we purchased at Target.
Thank you for your help.
Chris

CT,
If the update cannot complete, we would need to have you contact Bose service locally for further assistance with your product.
In the USA you can call 800-380-4831 - Hours are M-F 9am to 9pm EST; Saturday 9am-6pm; In other regions you can find contact details by visiting http://global.bose.com  and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.
Jfhart2004
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2016

Just bought the unit 2 days ago - charged it fully before using then drained the battery down completely and now it won't turn on? I have downloaded the software and hooked up the speaker to the computer and it obviously recognized the unit pulling up the correct picture. But it says the software is up to date but it still will not turn on??? Help

Hello Jfhart2004,
​Sorry that the Soundlink Color isn’t turning on as it should. There are a couple initial troubleshooting steps which can occasionally resolve issues like these:

• To be sure, if you just quickly tap the power button, does the unit still not turn on?
  • Try to press and hold the Play/Pause button for about 15 seconds. After this time has elapsed, unplug the system from power, then release the Play/Pause button. Then try to turn the system back on.
  • If neither of these two steps resolve the issue, there may indeed be an issue inside the Soundtouch Color. If this ends up being the issue, then it may be best to swap the unit at the point of purchase. Should this be impractical, you can also contact our service line, using this information for inside the US, and this information for outside of it.

If you have any further questions, though, please feel free to leave them below.
Thank you,
Highlighted
corinnamr
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 28, 2016

I purchased my Bose on Feb 2016, today after the battery went completely dead and I attempted to recharge it, nothing is happened; my unit is not charging, however when I plug it into my pc, the pc does recogniz that it is pluged in. I have tried the trubleshooting listed above, but nothing seems to work... This is so frustrating. Any other suggestions?

Hi corinnamr,
If none of the troubleshooting is able to resolve the power issue on your speaker, please contact Bose support using one of the two service links in Thomas' previous post above. These should put you in contact with Bose support who can provide warranty service for the hardware.
Thank you.